Chapter 15

I woke up and groaned in pain. "That didn't take long..."

I looked up. "Mom... I had the weirdest dream... dad was a wolf, then there was a black one, then... I was one and I kicked dad's ass..."

She watched me patiently as I processed then I realized I was naked. "Wait..."

She sighed. "You shifted... for the first time in 10 years?"

I blinked. "So first clothes... then Xavier... then explanations."

She giggled. "Of course."

I grimaced as I pulled on the shirt and sweats as she went to get my brother, dressed very similarly. "You too? What the fuck?"

He scratched his head. "When he attacked you all I know is I was in pain and being shorter than usual. Then mom stopped me from joining the fight. I woke up naked in a room with clothes."

I smiled. "I don't think Dad will be back."

One spread across his face as well. "I know."

We looked at our mother. "So... I guess telling you you're a descendants of wolves, is self explanatory." We nodded. "Your father wanted to keep you away from this life, essentially killing our pack off when you turned 18."

I blinked. "Why?"

She sighed and looked at me with an awe and wonder I wasn't expecting. "Because he would have been Alpha again."

I frowned. "So... what is this Alpha, cause there are a lot apparently."

She shook her head. "Our pack was just us, when you turned 4 is when you first shifted when your father tried to control something you were doing. It threatened his position, the more you spoke... the more people listened. So he put a stop to it." She looked towards the door. "It would seem... the Valencia family are generations of Alphas as well for this pack."

Xavier put a hand on his chin. "So like a wolf pack in the wild?" She nodded. "So... who's Beta." Her eyes never moved from him. "That makes since, the whole not meeting eyes thing."

I tilted my head. "Why move from place to place?"

She smiled softly. "The same reason he didn't want you to speak, or be noticed. Your Alpha is strong, even when she was dormant for so long. Even Mr. Valencia commented about how you almost got him to do something without realizing it. Now... there's no telling how strong you two will become."

I pursed my lips. "Well she needs to get her head straight around guys..." I felt a disapproving shift in me and sighed. "Fine... the one guy."

She sighed. "Your too young to understand that, just yet. I think this enough for today."

"One more question... why are there so many of them, but only us?"

She lowered her gaze. "My pack was slaughtered by a pack of rogues. Your father was already a rogue wolf, so when you two were born..."

I nodded. "I see, well sucks for him, he's kicked out."

She lowered her gaze. "If I could have stopped him, I would have."

We smiled and hugged her. "We know."

I sat back and felt my hair when I saw silver strands instead of black. "Uh... so..."

She smiled. "It's your choice. I always loved your hair... same as your father's side of the family."

I hopped up and found a brush to make it half way presentable and removed the one contact that stay. Xavier pulled my hair. "Perfect..."