Chapter 20

The first thing I heard as I got out of my car was that there was a new girl, she was hot, and she had silver hair.  "Fuck..."

William caught me as I was about to go into the building.  "You're not gonna like this..."  He showed me his phone and plastered on the school student page were pictures of my mate, walking into school, in the hallway, at her locker.  I growled and he backed up a few steps.  "Told you."

I glared at him.  "Find the person who can shut down the page completely."

His eyes widen.  "That's the stu-"

"I don't give a shit, if they are going to have her all over it then it doesn't need to exist."  He nodded slowly and I prowled the hallways to her first class.  She was in her seat in the corner, a girl trying to touch her hair.  Her look of disgust was pleasant until Brenda stepped up to bully her again.

Lucky for her the girl came to her defense, so I went to class only to watch her in the hallways in between.  It seemed Caleb who was too touchy to begin with was even more so now.  With the extra people stopping her and trying to touch her, I was furious.

If I even thought she would let me, I would have taken her out of the school to get them away from her.  I couldn't stand it and had every intention of letting her know as much.  Good thing I knew where she spent her lunches.

***

I dragged into class on Monday and the teacher looked up surprised.  "And you are?"

I blinked and tilted my head.  "Violet..."

He narrowed his eyes, recognizing the voice.  "New style?"

Then I remembered.  "Yeah, something like that."  I went and sat in my seat, contemplating if I could leave today.

"Oh my God... I love your hair!"  I automatically leaned back as the girl went to touch it.  "Sorry... I'm Alicia."  I nodded and she giggled.

"Amazing, can talk in class, but not to people."

The girl turned to Brenda.  "It's cute and no one likes people who talk too much."

Brenda glared at her.  "What's that supposed to mean?"

Caleb happened to walk in and slid in the seat beside me.  "Eventful weekend?"

I signed.  "Very... almost new name... Xena."

He smiled.  "Finally, something I can call you by."

I rolled my eyes.  "You are the one who likes to go searching for trouble... today may be the day."

He frowned.  "Thought you gave that up."  I gave him a blank look. "Well with her... not this class at least."

I kept my face neutral.  "She can kiss my ass."

He chuckled.  "Finally able to wear your own hair."  I tilted my head as his eyes clouded a bit.  "I like it."

I rolled my eyes.  "You knew what my hair looked like already."

He nodded.  "But now you're not hiding it or your eyes.  It's nice."  I frowned as he was making me uncomfortable and turned to look out of the window.

Per usual, Brenda kept trying to mess with me drawing too much attention so I couldn't escape and Caleb dragged me to our next class.  Or attempted to, people kept stopping us to try to touch my hair.  I threw my hood on, regretting not just sticking to the wig.

I regretted it more because even the teachers couldn't over look the silver haired girl, making it impossible to get out.  I groaned in frustration when I finally made it to the roof for lunch.  "Not exactly appreciating so many people trying to get close to you all of the sudden."