Chapter 11

I was elated, I knew the girl would be here tonight, and she was performing.  No matter how much I wanted to, I tried to stay away as I plotted how to save her from her parents.  She and her brother took special care to avoid me as well.  My wolf whined every time, but what could we do short of kidnapping her?  And that wouldn't go over well.  I looked over the name list, and none struck me as her, except for the stars where the name of the last performer was supposed to be.

I frowned and looked at my mother.  "What's the stars for?"

She smiled.  "Just the girl of the rogues that are staying here, they requested we not added her name."

I narrowed my eyes.  "You don't find that suspicious?"

She shrugged.  "Rogues are strange ones. Not leaving a name means they can't be traced if they need to leave."

My heart sank.  "Are they leaving?"

She gave me an airy giggle.  "No, Ezekiel, not to my knowledge.  You have a lot of questions."

I sighed.  "Just never seen this before, that's all."

She nodded and went to get ready, leaving me to stare at the three stars where her name should be.  I groaned. She's my mate, I still don't know her name, and she's a rogueGreat.

I almost fell asleep listening to everyone who was lined up to play. Honestly, the only thing keeping me in the building was her.  Finally, she strode gracefully to the center of the stage.  I'd been watching her close enough to know she was up to no good.

I held my breath as she began and saw when the corner of her mouth turned up.  The next thing I knew, everyone in attendance was taken by storm.  Her passion filled the room, and I was breathless. She glanced at her parents, and I saw her father was pissed, but that seemed to only make her more intent on spoiling whatever he had planned.  I couldn't help but smile.  I love this girl...

***

My mother pinned my wig up, so it looked natural.  "You'll do wonderfully tonight."

I smiled.  "Thanks, mom..."

She kissed my head.  "Just remember, not too much, okay?"

I held her gaze in the mirror.  "Of course."

We met the males downstairs, and Xander nodded appreciatively.  "Very appropriate..."

I bowed my head slightly and followed them to my car, chest full of excitement.  Xavier took my hand in the back seat a question in his eyes.  I gave him a small smile and nodded.  He squeezed and held it until we arrived.  I was separated from them and ushered to the back where there were others getting ready.

Xavier appeared shortly after with a duffel bag.  "You'll do great."

I signed, smiling.  "Made better with your help."

He stroked my cheek, which made me blink in surprise.  "Always."

Somehow, I was made to go last and watched as one act after another seemed to blend together in dullness.  Same old songs, done the same old way.  I smiled as I was called up next and bowed slightly to the people below before sitting at the piano.  I started off traditionally, swearing people had to be lulled to sleep.

Then, a small smirk played on my lips as I deviated from the routine, letting my emotions take over, and I've held a lot in these last two weeks.  I peeked down at my parents, and my mother looked proud while my father was furious.  That only added fuel to my fire, and Xavier finally came through with the background sounds.