Chapter 49

I rolled my eyes and held out my hand, signing with the other. "So we both lost, great."

He chuckled as he went to take it. "Or we both won..."

I reached further and grasped his forearm. "Overall... we won, so..."

He looked at our arms curiously as he did the same. "This is different."

I smirked. "It's the old way, learn your history."

I turned and returned to my pack. "Why did he have to call it right then? A few more seconds wouldn't have hurt."

Aurora began to look me over and glared at Ezekiel. "Didn't try to hurt her did you?"

I sighed and tugged her hair. "It was a fair fight."

She crossed her arms. "Whatever..."

I turned as I felt Ezekiel and his father approach and Xavier came to my side as Aurora stepped back. "Very interesting..." I tilted my head. "You have a very obedient bunch for someone who just became Alpha."

I smiled politely and Xavier translated. "Alpha yes. Boss, no." He blinked confused. "Other than the parents, these merry band of misfits are our employees. And Aurora, of course, she is a partner if you will."

He looked at us appreciatively. "A very capable group."

"Well trained." Again, he was at a loss. "Toni would have more details on that, but I trust they train just as hard as we do."

He nodded and I glanced at Xavier as I felt someone hovering. He gave me a slight nod. "How long?" He shrugged.

"What did she say?"

He smiled. "Just how long until our meeting?"

He checked his watch. "About an hour, but I do have a question." I nodded for him to continue. "With your Uncle... he was attacked, why stop him?"

I sighed. "Even if he was, once Monty was on his back it was over unless he continued. We do not cause harm unnecessarily."

He looked at us all. "Very disciplined..."

I turned and smiled at them. "Yes, even I am pleased with that being new and all."

Ezekiek pursed his lips. "So a tie..."

I smirked at him. "We won the race and against 19 of the 20 in combat. You guys won the weight lifting, then we tied on the last match... we won."

He crossed his arms. "Well... we tied and we were the ones betting."

I raised my eyebrows. "On our packs... don't be a sore loser."

He narrowed his eyes. "Didn't get that, but I think it was an insult."

"We won, fair and square, so you sir will have to sing."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever..."

Xavier elbowed me. "Maybe you tied because you wanted that date."

I glared at him. "We tied cause he was the only one worth fighting. A few more seconds and I would have won."

He chuckled. "Yeah, that's why a time limit had to be set." I held up a finger to the Valencias and wrapped an arm around his neck and dragged him away. "Stop!"

I leaned in his ear. "Keep toying with me and I will need a new Beta."

He coughed as I loosened my hold so he could speak. "The fact that you get upset every time I say something about it just proves my point."

I tightened my hold again and he struggled until he passed out. I smiled content and nodded to a few of my guys. They came and threw some water on him as I walked away and Aurora took his place.