Chapter 29

I thought about where to go for lunch and happened upon the studio again.  I smirked and went in, looking around.  "You are a very hard person to track down."  I turned and tilted my head as he looked me over.  He was a brunette with dark brown eyes, by his build I assume a football player, maybe.  He could have easily been a foot and a half taller than me, but that wasn't saying much since I was a whole 4 feet and 5 inches, but he was at least 3 of me across.

He stalked into the room and closed the door, bringing a menacing air with him.  "No one has marked you yet... good."  I kept my face neutral and slowly backed away from him as he came closer.  "What's your name?"

I reached the window.  "I am nameless."

He blinked.  "So... you're the one who doesn't speak."  A lecherous grin crossed his face.  "Even better."  I raised my eyebrows and quickly open the window and vaulted out.  Knowing he was too big to make it through I waved my fingers at him and dashed back to the front of the school.

I skipped up the steps and melded into the crowd again until I reached the roof door.  I sprinted up and looked to see if the coast was clear.  "Having fun?"

I smiled as I turned.  "I'm entertained, are you?"

Ezekiel frowned.  "Were you wandering the halls earlier?"  I shook my head.  "I find that hard to believe."

I tilted my head.  "Why?"

"Your scent is everywhere, in places they shouldn't be."

I sighed.  "I think someone just smells a lot like me."

He flared his nostrils.  "I'd never mistake you for someone else."

"How-"

The door slammed open and the boy I just escaped growled when he saw me.  "Now..."

Ezekiel whirled as a growl escaped his chest.  "What do you want, Donovan?"

His eyes never left me as I measured the likihood of not getting hurt if I took the short way down.  "This little fairy has been hiding from me all day."

Ezekiel turned to me and grabbed my arm as I leaned over the edge to measure the drop, my wolf though apprehensive was down to try it.  "Don't you dare."  I smiled at him and stepped back from the ledge.  "What is he talking about?"

I thought of how he could understand.  "Hide and seek, like in the garden.  He is very persistent."

His eyes turned crimson and he faced Donovan.  "Leave her alone."

He smirked.  "Is she yours?  You haven't bit her so..."

I felt as the air tensed.  "She's 14, underaged."

Donovan laughed.  "With the way she smells and looks, you think I care?"

I sighed and looked back over the edge.  "I said to leave her alone."  I blinked at the low, dangerous tone that Ezekiel's voice took, he still hadn't let my arm go, so I was kind of stuck.

Donovan crossed his arms.  "Then mark her."

At that, we both got angry, but I fought the sound that my wolf wanted to let out.  Ezekiel didn't take his eyes off the boy.  "Not unless she wants it."

Donovan looked at me.  "Well?"

I held his gaze.  "I belong to no one."

He blinked before frowning.  "Sorry, don't  understand that... too bad I'd like to hear your voice wh-"

Suddenly, my arm was free and Donovan was slammed against the door by his neck.  "Understand this... if you touch her, I will kill you."

My wolf swooned and I inwardly frowned.  I'm gonna need to you to get that under control.  She made a disgruntled sound, but stopped.  Donovan looked terrified, but still managed a chuckle.  "I'll leave her alone for now.  Better hope I don't catch her alone, though."

Ezekiel's skin began to ripple and his hand constricted, strangling him.  I sighed and went to touch his arm.  He flinched and glared at me.  "He's not worth it.  Don't let your emotions control you."

He flared his nostrils, but dropped him and put his hand on the small of my back to lead me away.  I didn't look back, but smirked as we neared the edge.  "I think I could make that drop."

He shook his head.  "I'm pretty sure you said you'd try it.  No."

I pouted.  "But why?"

He stroked my hair holding some ends in his hand.  "I don't want you to get hurt."

I looked over again.  "I think I can take it."

He tugged.  "No."

I sighed and pursed my lips, liking that his eyes were back to their normal green.  "Fine..."

He chuckled.  "Good, but you were wandering around today."

"Possibly. He's still here. Why?"

He shrugged.  "I'll ask around and find out."

I smirked.  "I didn't know you sang."

His eyes widened.  "You..."  He sighed and shook his head.  "Weren't supposed to hear that."

I giggled.  "So... you sound nice."

He averted his gaze and blushed, making me giggle harder.  "Thanks..."

"Will you sing if I play?"

He looked surprised then frowned.  "No."

I tilted my head.  "Not even in private?"

He narrowed his eyes.  "Only if you do it with me."  I frowned and shook my head, he thought a moment and signed.  "Fine... if you talk."

I laced my fingers behind my back and smiled mischievously as the bell rung.  He stopped me from leaving.  "Is that a no?"  I smirked.  "A yes?"  I rolled my eyes and sighed before pulling him to the door.

He walked me to class, which I hated to admit was easier because no one stopped us.  He took off his jacket and put it over my shoulders.  I scowled at him and he sighed.  "Just until we get out, especially if you're wandering the halls by yourself."

I crossed my arms and looked away, but didn't remove it.  "Thank you."  I turned my nose up and walked into class, making him chuckle.

Caleb raised his eyebrows when he saw me.  "Again?"  I slid into my seat, noticing no body really looked my way, I looked at him curiously.  "His scent masks yours well."

I smiled mischievously.  "You will not."  I glowered at him.  "One day you're gonna get caught.  Stop while your ahead."  I shook my head and he groaned.  "Just can't win with you."

***

She cut through my haze again.  I was already pissed that I caught her scent in the 12th grade sector.  When confronted with Donovan I had to not only focus on him, but she looked tempted to attempt the jump.  I saw red when he was even made the attempt of mentioning having his hands on her.

Apparently, it was enough for her to stop contemplating because she touched my arm to stop me from killing him.  I put distance between them and she actually let me touch her.  Her was hair like silk and she watched my eyes, she had a habit of doing that to gauge where my head was. 

She never did say that she would talk if I sang for her, I was embarrassed that she even heard that, but for her... I'd do it.  I felt relieved as she let me take her to class and even didn't take off my jacket.  Slowly, she was becoming more playful with me, she was getting comfortable.  It made my chest warm, I liked it.  Now, if I could just get my horny pack under control.