Chapter 22

Disgusted, that's how I felt as I ran home, cursing at my wolf. He was indifferent about the whole situation, apparently in his mind she was ours, no matter the age. I rolled my eyes as I barreled into the room and quickly got dress.

I wanted to see what her training consisted of and apologize, even though I'm pretty sure she would tease me about it a best. I paused a moment getting my hormones under control and I thought to how she was able to cut through my haze. She's done it twice already, her voice as soft as a cool breeze could temper even my hottest desires.

She knew this and she used it when necessary. Then my mind wandered entirely too far as I wanted to hear her purr my name, moan it, scream it. I groaned and checked the time, I couldn't go back in this state so I flopped on the bed and stroked my erection. Images of her running through trees, literally running through the fucking trees above me. Her voice and what it would sound like when she was finally mine.

I finished and cleaned off. I looked at the time and shook my head. "That may have been long overdue." I got myself decent and went back out of the door. When I got back to the lake she had Caleb on his back, I tried to apologize only to be brushed off and see Caleb fail to even hit her. He was holding back, but I already knew he didn't need to, my mate was strong and fast.

Then my heart sank when I heard, "weapon of choice." That was quickly replaced when she pulled out two knives and I had to know where she kept them and if she always had them. Again, ignored as her brother produced two of his own. Well damn...

***

I was in the process of tossing Caleb on his back when Ezekiel reappeared. "Sorry about that..." Caleb jumped up and tried to punch me only hitting air. I dodged a few more blows before sweeping his feet.

Toni nodded. "Good, Caleb... you're still too slow. Trust me, it takes a lot to hurt that one. Xavier you're up, weapon of choice."

I smirked and pulled out two knives from behind me. "Do you have those on you all the time?"

Xavier did the same and we got ready. "Begin."

He was fast as he sliced the air, but I rolled behind him and knocked his knees in. He barely hit the ground as he dodged to the left, but I nicked his arm. We hacked and slashed at each other until he almost got my throat and suddenly he wasn't in front of me anymore. I frowned at Ezekiel on top of him and walked over to put a blade at his throat.

He tensed. "He..."

I flared my nostrils and Toni chuckled. "And it was just getting good, move or she really may hurt you."

He looked up at me and his eyes widen as stood. "Wha-"

Xavier didn't miss a beat and slashed at my legs and I jumped back, smirking. He pivoted to his feet, ready to strike. After he began again we locked blades and I twisted mine to disarm him. He hopped back to get one, I threw mine to stop him, and tackled him from behind pulling his head up by his hair. "Enough!"

I frowned slightly and glared at Toni. "Got me again, Sis."

I stood and helped him to his feet and went to retrieve my knife. Toni looked at Ezekiel. "Think you can take her?"

He was still wide eyed when we approached. "Uh..."

I smirked, looking at Toni. "That's the second time I've held a blade to his throat."

He laughed. "And he lives to tell the tale. Getting soft on me?"

I scoffed.  "Hardly."

Ezekiel looked between us. "What did she say?"