Chapter 36

I saw her looking at the the sheet in dismay, when her brother rushed in her quiet assault started.  I was beginning to think she really couldn't get any louder, but the I thought about when she sang.  I shook my head, not an appropriate time.

Raven tried to explain, but she wasn't hearing any of it.  She made up her mind that she needed to leave.  I bit my lip, if she did... it was my fault, I knew that, but it still pissed me off.  I had to bite the bullet if I had any hopes of stopping her.  So, I stepped into the room.

***

I was still processing when my brother walked in.  "What the fuck, Zay?  What happened?"

He looked distressed.  "You bit his arm when he wouldn't let go... I tried to tell him, but..."

I wildly looked at Willow.  "There has to be a way to reverse it.  Something..."

She shook her head sadly.  "It'll fade when the Season ends."

I jumped up.  "Fuck the Season... I don't want anything to do with it or this."

She sighed.  "It isn't that simple.  If you were just another wolf, it wouldn't matter much, but... you're an Alpha."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"Marking someone is just saying they are yours for the Season... when it's an Alpha's mark, people tend to avoid going near you."

I rolled my eyes.  "Okay, sooo... technically all good, he can cover it up and keep it moving."

She made an almost face.  "He'll be more... attracted to you for the remainder of the Season as well."

I turned to Xavier.  "Call Mom and Uncle Toni... we're leaving."

She waved her hands wildly.  "Wait, it shouldn't have even taken, since it's on his arm.  Maybe when the bite itself heals the mark will go away."

I frowned.  "I can't bank on maybes.  We need to go... now, I'll be damned if he uses this as an excuse to bite me."

"I wouldn't do that."

I slowly turned to the voice, Ezekiel looked pissed.  "Look... you can go have sex with whomever you like, that's not me.  Kinda ignore that mark thing."

He stalked over to me.  "Don't you want to see you're handiwork."

I frowned.  "Not really... Zay... let's go."

Ezekiel chuckled.  "I won't do anything to you..."

I backed away.  "Yeah... bye."  I dashed past him pulling my brother with me.

When we were in the house I went through and made sure everything was locked and froze when I saw my mom.  She looked at me curiously.  "What's wrong, Sweetie?"

I couldn't help the tears that started to fall and ran to her.  "I fucked up!"

She wrapped her arms around me.  "What happened?"

I sobbed.  "I was sleep... and... and... he wouldn't listen to Zay... and... I bit him... I didn't mean to!"

She smoothed my hair and rocked.  "Calm down... it shou-"

"She said it's... it's.... an Alpha's mark!"

She tensed.  "Well that's different..."

I hugged her tighter.  "What do I do?  I don't wanna..."

She sighed.  "I'm sure he knows that and won't force you into anything."

"But... but..."

"Breathe."  I drew in a ragged breath.  "You two need to talk... and not half talk either."

"I can't... he's mad and... I don't wanna get bit."

She pulled my head up to look at her.  "Then you need to talk to him."

I sniffed.  "Why?  I told him go be with whomever he wants, that's not me."

She smiled softly.  "He could have done that when the Season started."

I frowned.  "He's stupid... boys in general are."

"I take that as an offense."

I frowned.  "You let me bite him."

He sighed.  "No... I told him that you would fight and not to carry you and he used that freakish speed and got you anyway.  Then, he wouldn't let go when you started to struggle, holding your arms down.  You really only had your teeth left."

As I calmed I felt my wolf's satisfaction with the whole situation and scowled.  "My wolf is finding this strangely funny."

My mom giggled.  "I'm sure you will too after you talk to him."

I pursed my lips.  "Oh yeah... I broke a guy's jaw today.  He wouldn't leave me alone.  I haven't heard anything about that yet."

She sighed.  "We'll handle it if it comes up, but if it one of the ones from yesterday, I'm sure it won't."

I groaned when there was a knock at the door.  "Kill me now..."  Xavier looked at me curiously.  "It's him... tell him go away."

As soon as the door opened I felt a gust of wind.  "You've been crying..."  I gaped and Ezekiel wiped a tear from my cheek.  "I felt it..."

I slowly looked at my mother, who looked equally as surprised.  "I can't do this..."

She stroked my hair as I dropped my head back into her shoulder.  "A little late for that."

"But why?"

She giggled.  "Go get yourself together.  I'm sure he won't be going anywhere."

"Make him leave."

"Violet..."  I tensed.  "Stop that, he already knows your name."

I pursed my lips.  "If I die, it's your fault.  I want you to know that."  I stomped up the steps and slammed my door for emphasis.

I threw myself on the bed and wallowed in my misery, starting to cry again.  "What the fuck did I get myself into?"  I threw a pillow at the door when I felt him outside of it.  "Go away!"

"Violet..."  His voice sent a chill down my spine and I stayed silent.  "You're crying again... please open the door."

I flipped, my back now on the bed.  "No!"  I felt his anger.  "Stop that, I'm the one who should be mad!"  I felt his surprise next and groaned.  "This is so fucked up.  Mom!"

When she didn't move from down the stairs, my temper flared.  "They left..."

"Oh fuck no..."

He sighed.  "We really need to talk about this... and your extremely terrifying desire to kill people."

I scowled at the door.  "No! And you can't make me!"

The low chuckle on the other side of the door made my heart drop.  "I'll ask you one more time... before I go get the key."

I gaped.  "You wouldn't..."

I heard him leave and scrambled to the window, but it was too late.  He rushed in and grabbed me by my waist.  "Now... let's talk."

***

I felt her crying and hurried things along with Raven to go to her side.  When I got there my heart broke to her clutching onto her mom, surprise painting her features as she tried to process.  She ran and locked herself in her room.  I was fine until she started to cry again, then her family vacated the house immediately, whatever I was about face it scared the living shit out of them.

When I asked her to open her door she yelled, far from the normal soft voice she used.  It made me angry and then she yelled at me for being angry.  Though I always wondered what it sounded like, I never wanted to be on the receiving end of it.  Her emotions were everywhere and I knew this was far from her normal.

When she refused me again, I already knew where the key to her room was and I felt her terror when I threatened her.  I knew I had to move fast or she would disappear out the window.