71.

Ambrosia Emerald Cullen stood among her large family in the snow-covered field as the time finally dawned upon her

Ambrosia Emerald Cullen stood among her large family in the snow-covered field as the time finally dawned upon her. Within her ringed hand was the pale fingers of her beloved husband and as they waited nervously, he sent her a warm loving smile that spoke a thousand words- There was nothing left now to say because that singular glance was all they needed to remind of a thousand messages of loves and a thousand nights of passion they had shared. And standing at their side, the other Masen twin and his girlfriend, little Emmy clinging to Roz as if the world depended on it- she was young but she knew what this moment meant.

For Bree, Ambrosia and Rosalind- This would be their very first time facing off with the Volturi and that was an advantage only in that they didn't know how powerful they were. Ambrosia had been kept away from Freddie recently, the person whose thoughts Aro would read. He didn't know just how vast her gift could now spread and that was an aspect they now had on their side. The nervousness was swallowing them as they spent their final moments of peace together. They may never leave this field.

The covens were separated in a scraggly line, the Denali closest to the Olympic coven though they themselves segregated according to couplings- Garrett had opted to stand beside them in what could very well be their last moments together. Rosalind, Emmy, Freddie, Edward, Ambrosia and Bree were stood close while the other two Cullen couples stood a little off to the side. This was it, together until the very end.

Before them, all they could see was forest and snow as far as their extensive vision would allow. And then- something changed in an instant and with the small change came the terror of Ambrosia as her hand slipped from Edward's and instead moved to slide her arm around his waist, his arm coming around her shoulders but they never moved their gazes from the world directly in front of them. They had to concentrate now, it was the most important thing. The change had been the sound of footfall crushing snow and soon enough, a wave of black swarmed from the treeline like a daunting flock of crows and they knew instantly that they were outnumbered.

"The Red coats are coming, the Red coats are coming" Garrett hissed lowly, bouncing on the spot, his hand in Kate's and they knew that if they survived this battle- Garrett and Kate would be inseparable until the end of eternity. This moment would decide all of their futures and they felt so vulnerable. The line of black marched forward separating to show off the three kings and their guards- two of the guards being the ones that had first spotted Emmy and started all of this mess.

"Aro's looking for Alice" Edward informed lowly and they could all surely hear him as after what seemed like an eternity, the wave of black finally ground to a halt though finally- the Cullens and their allies were no longer alone. Howls swam through the field and it was music to Ambrosia's ears as the two dozen wolves approached from the treeline. Paul took up position beside Roz instantly and Emmy seemed to melt, her expression of terror loosening now that he was near. Seth stopped beside Bree whose hand was quick to reach up, twirling with his sandy fur. Embry and Sam guided the others into position between the covens protectively. The entire field seemed to hold its breath.