15.

Ambrosia Hatton's nerves were unstoppable as her eyes scanned over the hundreds of wedding gowns that lined the walls of the dress shop

Ambrosia Hatton's nerves were unstoppable as her eyes scanned over the hundreds of wedding gowns that lined the walls of the dress shop. Despite the pure amount of them, she was terrified that she wouldn't be able to find one she liked- The wedding was going to be incredibly nerve-wracking for Ambrosia, she knew that from the moment they started with the wedding plans because truthfully, she was still the shy girl who hid in the corner of the library behind a stack of books. On her big day, she would be in dozens of pairs of eyes and that made her incredibly nervous, she felt sick just at the thought of it- something which was actually impossible for a vampire.

Littered around the dress shop, were the Cullen girls. Ambrosia pawed through gowns as though they would set her fingers on fire if she touched them too heavily, Alice raced through them, pulling out an impossible amount for her to try on. Rosalie scanned each dress with an intense dress, trying to picture Ambrosia wearing them- pulling out a scarce few. And Esme was softly looking through one of the catalogues with Bree at her side. Where Bree sat, she was frowning at veils, weighting up two of them in her hands and trying to see the difference in them- she didn't much enjoy shopping, that became evident from the very first moment.

"Hello ladies, I'm Hannah and I'll be helping you out today" a polite tanned woman smiled, her hair dark and span in hundreds of corkscrews around her head like a halo. She was tall and smiling brightly, clearly genuinely happy to be helping them- though she couldn't keep the awe off of her face when she saw the beauty of the group as a whole. "Where's our bride?"

"Hi, I'm Ambrosia" she greeted, shaking Hannah's hand and the grin widened. "This is my mom, Esme, my maid of honour, Rosalie and my bridesmaids; Alice and Bree." she introduced and Hannah went through them all, shaking their hands.

"I see you've chosen a few out, would you like to try some on? There's really no way of knowing how they'll look until you do." she winked and Ambrosia nodded nervously, smile shuddering as her family shot her reassuring thumbs-up and grins. Hannah softly guided Ambrosia into the changing room, it was obvious that the girl was nervous. "When is the wedding?"

"In a month" she laughed nervously, seeing Hannah's shock. "We didn't want to wait. When you know, you know. And I definitely know with Edward." Ambrosia's nervousness seemed to disappear when she spoke about her fiance and it made the store attendant grin happily as she hung the dresses on hooks and Ambrosia scanned them. "I want something... Modest. Sleeves maybe? Edward, he's... Traditional, you could say. And I feel as though he has had to compromise a lot with this wedding to make me happy, it's rather far from traditional."

"Of course, we'll find you something that you feel comfortable in Ambrosia, that makes you feel beautiful. Your wedding dress, it's about you, it's what you like. You're such a stunning girl, you're going to look amazing in whatever you choose and I'm sure this Edward is a very lucky man" she winked and Ambrosia smiled warmly as her ringed hand gently gestured to one of the dresses. "That one?" she nodded.

"Can you help me?" Ambrosia asked nervously and Hannah laughed softly.

"That's what I'm here for" she assured and not long later, Ambrosia was in the first long sleeves dress of her choice. There was a lot of lace and that was mostly why she chose it, sticking to the most traditional first. Alice had chosen it so it couldn't be that hideous. Hannah felt her breath clasp in her throat as she seeled a veil into Ambrosia's silky caramel curls, purely so that she could see the whole look. Hannah was certain that Ambrosia looked better in the dress than even the models of it had.

"Come on then, Rosia." Alice clapped excitably from the main room and Ambrosia laughed nervously as she stepped out, stepping up onto one of the little podiums and holding her hands out, waiting. Bree was looking at her with childish wonderment, like a little girl who had just met her idol. Esme instantly broke out into dry sobs.  "Esme" Alice laughed. "It's the first one"

"I know, I know... It's just, you look so beautiful" Esme breathed and flapped and Ambrosia felt her own eyes well with tears just at the sight of her mother's happiness.

"Well, I agree that you look beautiful, Rosia. But I'm not entirely sold" Alice hummed and Rosalie looked her over in contemplation.

"Looks a bit like a tablecloth" Rosalie breathed and ended up with four pairs of shocked glares on her. "What? I guarantee you if you walked down the aisle wearing that- that's what Emmett would say"

"Well, we didn't bring Emmett, we brought his wife" Alice grinned. "Whose usually an absolute fashion icon, so give some positive feedback." she snapped and Rosalie rolled her eyes, laughing gently.

"You're beautiful, Amby. It's not you. Maybe try silk or satin, you don't need a full lace. Let's try something a bit more plain, you're stunning on your own, you don't want to distract from your pretty face" Rosalie assured and Ambrosia smiled. No less than ten dresses later, she finally stepped out in a dress with a stunning silky tulle many-layered skirt, she'd even retained some lace detailing on the back-- and the second they saw it, they knew that it was the one.

"Yes" resounded all around and Ambrosia grinned, glad that they liked it as much as she did. Because she knew it was the one, the second she put it on... It all started to feel so real, Ambrosia Hatton was a bride.