33.

"Ambrosia, I want to leave this island with you being able to swim

"Ambrosia, I want to leave this island with you being able to swim. That's our goal, okay? And that's not going to happen if you don't go in the water" Edward teased and Ambrosia pouted, making him chuckle. She stood on the shore, the water just lapping at her ankles while he floated calmly slightly into the water. "Come on,  just swim to me and then I'll leave you alone about it and we can do something else." he grinned and Ambrosia pouted to herself, huffing like a child as she waddled into the water.

"Don't let me die" she decided though they both knew that it was an impossibility, he grinned and chuckled which was his way of agreeing to her demands. Ambrosia sighed as she walked as far as her body would allow- though she was now certain that Edward had backed up somewhat because he seemed impossibly far away from her even still. Swimming had never been a big deal to Ambrosia before but now she felt like she wanted to do it... like it was insanely important. She was unreasonably nervous to take the dip. She had swum on her back of course- not too long ago, but not on her front.

Sighing and taking a deep, unnecessary breath, Ambrosia pushed herself forward, her face planting into the water as her body became horizontal. Edward had been absolutely right about it being second nature- after that first push, it was effortless to move her arms and kick her feet in motion. She felt like an experienced swimmer, her eyes flashing open to scan over the beautiful seabed- the salt not stinging her and her body not growing agonised from the lack of oxygen. It all felt so stunningly abnormal and soon enough she found him, pushing her head out of the water in something as a doggy-paddle as he grinned. The second she was close enough, Edward cheered, grinning and grabbing her easily to pull her close.

"You did it!" he grinned as if it was the biggest accomplishment in the world because he knew that to her, it was. Ambrosia saw this as a milestone and so, he did too. That was how it worked, being a married couple. They saw each other's goals and wishes as their own- and so he grinned excitably along with her, seeing the small smile of pride that graced her own face in return. Shy Ambrosia was back but he didn't mind, he loved every part of her and soon enough, he pulled her into a bridal hold and raced back across the beach to the house, adhering to the promise he had made her not too long ago that they would do something else afterwards.

As soon as they stepped through the patio doors, she kissed him and he chuckled, looking down at her sea-stained body.

"How about a bath?" he mused and she blinked at him, seriously thinking about it before a grin cracked along her face and she nodded shyly. Edward carried her through to the large bathroom and easily placed her on the countertop before making his way over to the freestanding bath. Truthfully, Ambrosia and Edward hadn't done very much on their honeymoon, they mostly just relaxed and enjoyed one another's company- but she knew without a doubt, that it was the best honeymoon ever. She never wanted it to end and the thought of returning to dreary Oregon saddened her slightly, even though she would not feel the temperature change.

Ambrosia knew that she'd eventually miss her family, that they would never actually be able to stay there forever but the thought of it at that time was awfully tempting as she watched Edward pour a variety of bath products into the large tub as the water flowed, a small smile on his handsome features...