4.

Stars danced across the sky, glimmering against the velvety blacktop of the night's sky as- as quickly as they had started- they stopped

Stars danced across the sky, glimmering against the velvety blacktop of the night's sky as- as quickly as they had started- they stopped. Edward had been driving for only five minutes and Ambrosia startled from her comfort when she realised they had parked at the end of a dirt trail. The second her eyes set upon their beautiful surroundings, her heart lit up in emotions she had never felt before.

Before her, was the most beautiful cottage Ambrosia had ever laid eyes on, it was a vision of perfection as though taken straight out of a storybook with a winding path and illuminating lanterns that bathed it in warm even now as the sky dimmed. It was white, one story and completely one with nature, the greenery of the forest hugging it kindly from all angles. In the midst of her awe, her eyes flickered over to Edward who was watching her carefully, perhaps somewhat nervously in anticipation of her reaction.

"What is this place, Edward?" Ambrosia didn't trust her voice to rise above a whisper as she looked over the area. If the hopes and dreams in her head were accurate- that just filled her heart with even more joy and she didn't know if she could take that much happiness- that much perfectness.

"When you were in transition" He began to explain slowly, his hand taking hers gently from where they continued to sit side-by-side, the house somewhat forgotten as they instead got lost in the beauty of one another's eyes. "I didn't want to leave your side, not even for a moment. But I hadn't fed for weeks, not since you were first taken away by the nomads. They forced me to go and I came across this place in my travels- it was abandoned and overgrown and I didn't stick around long to investigate it but I knew the second I saw it that it was home. For you and I. I've been fixing it up ever seen, I purchased it in our names and... well." he chuckled, lifting his hand up and when his fingers uncurled, he revealed an ornate silver key that was shiny, indicating its newness, a light purple bow tied around it.

"But... What?" she stuttered in shock, eyes widening as she looked over at him with pure, unfiltered joy and awe on her face. They had all been absolutely correct when they said that she would love her surprise.

"Welcome home baby" he breathed and her eyes watered with venom tears that she physically couldn't drop though her grin widened as she pressed her forehead forward onto his, the both of them in states of bliss. Life didn't get any better than that. Next, her lips pressed tightly to his, forcing all the passion and gratification into a singular movement as he responded with hot intensity- for a moment, before pulling back. "Do you want to go in?"

"Yes" her voice was barely audible but when she jumped out of the passenger side, he laughed at her adorable excitement. He joined her in a second and looped his fingers with hers softly, the two of them progressing smoothly down the cobblestone garden path, past the lightly swinging hanging lanterns, to the pure white front door.

Softly, Edward handed the key across to her, placing it delicately into her palm and her eyes were full of a thousand emotions as she slid it easily into place and clicked it softly. Edward had been right about everything, she absolutely loved the cottage- she didn't need to look inside to know that. This was home.

Before Ambrosia could step over the threshold and into the beautiful warmth that radiated within the room, Edward swooped down and knocked her straight into his arms. She laughed as he straightened, holding her bridal style and turning calmly to the side so as to not smack her head on the doorframe- though she would like do more damage to it than it could ever do to her. The second they stepped into the home, the temporary distraction that Edward had provided vanished from her mind as she scanned over the interior.

Before her, the instant she stepped inside, was the sitting room in all its adorable beauty. It was perfect, with a stunning fireplace and array of pale-coloured furniture, it was warm from the instant she stared at it- he had done the cottage a great justice. And it was undoubtedly theirs with shelves bursting with books and music, a keyboard positioned in the corner because a full-blown piano would never fit. She couldn't possibly have designed it better herself and as he allowed her to slip to her feet, Ambrosia couldn't help but naturally step from her shoes, scooping them up in her hands as her bare feet hit the expensive preserved oak wood of the floor and soon enough, the smooth fur rug.

"It's perfect" she spoke so beautifully, eyes in a daze and Edward didn't have to ask to know that she loved it as much as he did

"It's perfect" she spoke so beautifully, eyes in a daze and Edward didn't have to ask to know that she loved it as much as he did. It was their own little slice of heaven and he only hoped that she would appreciate his other presents for that night just as much. Edward took her hand sweetly, slipping his fingers to lock into comfortable place between her own as he guided her through the archway down the low-ceiling corridor, the exposed beams continued the running fairytale theme all the way through the cottage.

Soon enough, he pushed open a new door to reveal an equally beautiful room.