13.

"Okay" Max breathed, "It's a really f*cking weird story" he acknowledged and Embry scoffed, they had originally intended to go for a walk but the hammering rain disallowed it- that was what led to Edward aimlessly driving his Volvo around town wit...

"Okay" Max breathed, "It's a really f*cking weird story" he acknowledged and Embry scoffed, they had originally intended to go for a walk but the hammering rain disallowed it- that was what led to Edward aimlessly driving his Volvo around town with his fiance in the passenger seat and a tense Embry Call and nervous Max French in the back seat. It most definitely wasn't the outcome any of them expected but they were just running with it, for the sake of one another.

"Our story is too" Ambrosia laughed nervously, looking over at Edward who sent her a reassuring smile. "You go first."

"Remember my pal, Jacob Black down at La Push? The kid I sent your bug to when it needed scrapping?" Max began and Ambrosia nodded, encouraging him to continue. "And you remember Miss Everett used to chat shit about giant dog people?"

"Yeah" Ambrosia frowned. "She was friends with Quil Ateara V from the reservation, apparently they had a ....thing once." she reminded and they all laughed slightly at the thought, oddly uncomfortable just considering it.

"Yeah well, it turns out... Miss Everett wasn't completely off her nut. Those spirit shifters... They're real, the Quileute tribe" he sighed, he gestured to Embry who waved mockingly, pleased with Ambrosia's shocked expression. The Cullens had told her the stories but it still felt so strange seeing one of them.

"Well, that explains why you hate each other" she laughed softly and both Edward and Embry graced her with a smile. It was evident that despite Ambrosia's new nature- Embry was trying his hardest to be nice to her, to be friends for Max's sake... Though that only led to even more questions. "I understand the wolves, the vampires but..." she blinked at Max and he smiled shyly, breathing deeply in nervousness.

"Shit, I've never had to say it out loud" he breathed and Embry placed a steadying hand on his knee in comfort- Max seemed to melt into him and Ambrosia's eyes widened in realisation- before her grin split in pure joy, though she said nothing as she waited for him to say what he needed to say. "Ambrosia, meet Embry Call- My boyfriend" he finally decided and Ambrosia smiled gently, as though it was no big deal and that was everything to Max who just needed acceptance. Ambrosia accepted him with a smile, just as he had accepted her as a vampire- though there was shimmering pride in her eyes. Nothing could ever made Ambrosia love Max any less, they were brother and sister, after all.

"I suppose that means I have to explain a few things" Embry chuckled nervously, making Ambrosia smile- weirdly, he felt comforted by it. He wanted to hate her, at least inwardly because she was his sworn enemy, a vampire. Though there was something so pleasantly inviting about Ambrosia Hatton. "The Cullens told you about imprinting?"

"That's like-- Vampires have soulmates, wolves have imprints?" she questioned uncertainly and Embry nodded with a smile.

"Right, I imprinted on Max which means... He's, unfortunately for him, stuck with me now" Embry teased, nudging Max who chuckled softly, eyes dreamy just from the sight of the wolf-man. One thing was abundantly clear, the orphanage kids were growing up, they were finding love and partners and it was exhilarating to see the miserable gaggle of teens finally happy. Embry and Edward both mutually agreed that they could form some sort of agreement for the sakes of the ones they loved. Max and Ambrosia were siblings, just as the other orphanage kids were, they had just never expected their paths to weave together so seamlessly.

"Well, you are both invited to our wedding... Right, Edward?" she asked softly, turning to him and he smiled as he pulled her hand up close to his lips, sealing the back of it with a gentle kiss.

"Right" he smiled, eyes meeting Embry's in the rear-view mirror and they both nodded at one another, wordlessly as they sunk into the warmth of the expensive leather seats, tension seemed to melt away easily from then on as Edward rounded and made his way back to the apartment and conversation had grown lighter.  Rather than talking about the supernatural and soulmates- Max switched to discuss wedding themes and bridesmaids dresses, somewhat begrudgingly with his sister. Max had never much appreciated fashion or organisation though he knew it was important to Rosia, she was getting married.

One thing was for certain, their wedding was going to go down in history, the wedding of two vampires with humans, vampires and shifters alike in attendance. Though Ambrosia was certain it would go without a hitch because they all knew how important it was to one another.

Only when Edward had dropped off the two in the backseat once more, did he relax. Their time in Forks had been incredibly eventful and they had learned a lot, spoken to many people and promised to see one another again very soon- they'd even left behind one of their own. Though, when Edward's shiny silver Volvo crossed back over the town border after a five-day visit- in which they had had the entire Cullen mansion to themselves- they were both painfully engulfed with joy to be returning home.

It had been a few busy weeks, and the next few were destined to be just as hectic, but there was no one else they would rather do it all beside, except one another.