43.

Ruby beach was as beautiful on that day as it had been all that time ago when Rosalind and Ambrosia had gone for a jog across it so the red headed girl could vent about Phoebe and Teddy

Ruby beach was as beautiful on that day as it had been all that time ago when Rosalind and Ambrosia had gone for a jog across it so the red headed girl could vent about Phoebe and Teddy. It seemed so painfully long ago that that was the biggest worry the two of them had. But as difficult as things had become since then, they'd also become infinitely happier, both girls felt content as they walked along the empty shore with their arms looped together.

"After the wedding" Roz instantly plunged into confiding with her number one secret keeper and Ambrosia listened intently. "I went home with everyone else, but he came just a few days later to visit. And obviously, at the wedding I spoke to you and I decided that I was going to give him and chance and so I stayed true to my word and I did just that. But gosh, I didn't expect him to be so sweet, Ambrosia! Everyone always makes Freddie out to be some grumpy asshole so that's just what I expected but he wasn't ,.. he isn't. He's charming and funny and.... ugh, I've got it bad, Rosia. He told me he loved me last time he was here."

"And did you say it back?" Ambrosia questioned softly when Roz didn't continue telling her story for a beat, the Carmel haired girl was calm, kicking a piece of driftwood lazily with her shinny boot.

"No, and he didn't ask me too. But... I think I do love him, Ambrosia. And how crazy is that? There's this boy who had been at school for two years with me and never said anything to me. And then, my sister starts dating his twin brother! And she gets adopted by his parents and moves away. And then she comes back to visit and brings him with her, and he just stays because my grams loves him! He helps her make cookies and paint the front of the house and all that other chivalrous Prince Charming shit. And then I find out that not only is Mr Perfect in love with me, but he's also a friggin vampire! And my sister is one too because she was kidnapped and tortured by the bad vampires. What kind of sitcom is this, Rosia? Because I've fallen in love with a vampire and he's sexy as hell and soooo good in bed" Roz grumbled and Ambrosia swallowed a giggle, Rosalind was right about having had it very bad, she was in love with Freddie Cullen and it was a twist of fate that Ambrosia had never expected.

"Okay, Roz. Just breathe, everything's going to be fine."

"I'm sorry, Rosia. My emotions have been all over the place, just this last week. I don't know why, I think I'm stressed. If I tell Freddie that I love him too then he's going to want me to move in with you guys in Oregon and as beautiful of a house as it is and as perfect of a family the Cullens are- as much as I want to be living with my baby sister again, what am I supposed to do about Grams, Rosia?" Rosalind posed the question as though Miralda Green was Ambrosias grandmother too.

"What do you feel like doing, Roz? If you stay in Forks for another... I don't know, twenty years, Freddie's going to be perfectly fine with it. He loves you remember, he told you that. He's going to be accepting of whatever decision you make."

"I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm already missing out. I'm nineteen now and he's only seventeen. He's going to be seventeen forever and I'm going to keep on ageing. Soon you guys are going to have to move on somewhere further afield and then he'll visit even less often. I don't want to be thirty five and dating a seventeen year old whose in a different state. But I'm also terrified of becoming a vampire, Rosia. I know you are one and I love you all the same for that but... the pain, and then the thirst. And you can't eat or sleep. It's just so much. It changes everything and I don't know how long Grams has left. I don't want to leave her behind.... Carlisle and Esme, they're so sweet and... they asked if I wanted to move grams in with us in Oregon too. You know, just until.... what do you think of that? Wouldn't it be dangerous, a house full of vampires with a human old lady?"

"I was a human and I lived easily with them all. They won't mind, Roz. And besides, Miralda will then be in the care of the best vampire doctor the world has to offer, Carlisle really is incredible" she grinned at the thought of her parent figures. "Look, whatever you choose to do, Roz. I will be with you, one hundred per cent. And I know that you'll make the right decision. Just do what your hearts telling you to do."

"Thanks Ambrosia. I love you" Rosalind smiled at her baby sister, stopping her in their path across the beach and Ambrosia couldn't help but beam shyly at the words.

"Love you too, Roz"