54.

"Look what I found" Ambrosia grinned, entering the main room of the Cullen house with a large book in her hands to find Edward, Max, Rosalind and Fredrick all talking softly to one another

"Look what I found" Ambrosia grinned, entering the main room of the Cullen house with a large book in her hands to find Edward, Max, Rosalind and Fredrick all talking softly to one another. Roz looked fit to burst but was smiling none the less as she turned to face a clearly excited Ambrosia.

"Oh no," Max began. "I don't like it when Ambrosia is excited, it unnerves me- she makes actual noise" he teased as she leapt over the back of the couch and landed easily beside them with grace and elegance she had not had before vampirism.

"Haha, very funny" Ambrosia returned and Max grinned in pride. "It's my memory book"

"You've what?" Freddie questioned.

"At the orphanage, Miss Everett always tried to keep it feeling as much as a home as possible, so she would take pictures and collect them in a book for the kids so that when they got adopted, they would have the memories to take with them." Max shrugged, tapping the thick book in Ambrosia's hands.

"Except, we didn't exactly get adopted so our books just got bigger and bigger." Roz completed, tugging the book easily from her sisters' hands with a cheeky grin as she angled it toward the twin Masen boys, excited as she flicked open the first page and found a picture of five-year-old Ambrosia in the front page.

"Aww," Freddie teased.

"Hey" Ambrosia pouted, "I didn't bring it here so you could laugh at my baby pictures- I brought it here so you can laugh at Roz" she grinned and flicked a few pages forward to a collection of pictures of all the house children together.

"Damn, I was cute as hell" Max grinned, nodding in approval at the sight of him and they scoffed at him.

"Look at you" Freddie teased, nudging Rosalind very gently as he pointed to her smiling eight-year-old face. Edward grinned across at Ambrosia, she had been a very cute child.

"Yes, yes, you're very funny" Roz rolled her eyes, pushing him back. The book on his lap slipped easily and Rosalind scoffed at his clumsiness as she reached downwards to scoop it back off the floor. That was when the atmosphere in the room shifted in a single second with a sickening snap radiating through the area, heard even by Max. Roz screeched lounder that they had ever heard before and they all knew what it had been- her spine.

"Carlisle!" Edward roared, leaping to his feet and startling a temporarily frozen Freddie into motion- the blond-haired doctor was beside them in a second, eyes widening slightly before he easily snapped into doctor mode.

"Freddie, lift her up very carefully, we have to get her to my office- try not to move her too much" he ordered easily, calm despite the situation and that was one thing Ambrosia Cullen had always liked about Carlisle, since their very first meeting- he was always calm, even in the most terrifying moment. Roz's screams rocketed through the house as Fred carried her away, following Carlisle. It seemed to alert the others because they all congregated in the main room in a flash.

"It's coming?" Paul questioned, uncertain as to why he was so excited- he put it off as nervousness for the fate of his friend Rosalind but that distinction didn't seem to lay right with him.

"Yes," Max answered, looking slightly sick from the sudden shock as he lifted the fallen memory book onto the table. Edward easily shrouded a nervous Ambrosia in his comforting arms and she relaxed instantly as almost simultaneously- Embry appeared to tug Max into his arms.

"We have to get out of here" Jasper decided, stiff. "Before any blood can be shed" and there was a unanimous agreement, even from the wolves as they easily filed out of the large mansion, away from the painful screams of Rosalind. Soon enough, they reached the end of the garden where they could all sit crowded around on the emerald green grass away from the scent and sound to wait for whatever was to come- Rosalie, however, returned to help in any way she could. Esme was sat calmly, her short legs laid out flat in front of her where she leant against a tree trunk with a blank expression- waiting patiently.

Paul Lahote paced back and forth, rubbing his chin and grating on each and every one of their nerves while Bree and Seth sat close to one another, hands locked as they talked gently and attempted to pick out images in the clouds above them. Alice was still as tense as ever, sat close to Seth so that her visions would be cut off- it was something she had been doing more and more increasingly recently, it was like a painkiller to her. Jasper had his arms around her and he was softly sending her waves of calm.

Emmett picked at the blades of grass with a frown on his forehead, ignoring the narrowed eyes Esme had on him as he slowly destroyed their lawn. Max has his head resting on Embrys' shoulder, soaking up the warmth that the wolf provided on that warm night. And Ambrosia sat between Edwards' legs, his chin on her forehead as they waited calmly.

And they were all in anticipation.