28.

As the sun slowly dipped below the horizon upon day four of their honeymoon, laughter filled the air

As the sun slowly dipped below the horizon upon day four of their honeymoon, laughter filled the air. The gentle waves softly lapped at the sand, kissing it in gentle motions as the sun beat down to send it shimmering in amber orange reflection. Upon the beach, treading footprints into the vaguely damp sand, were the happy couple themselves. Edward and Ambrosia looked so utterly free. 

Ambrosia wore an oversized shirt over the top of a random red bikini she had found, she shirt itself belonged to Edward and she'd decided that for some reason, she preferred it to the dozens of dresses packed for herself. Her large curls bounced free in the wind, air swirling in a tango through each of the locks and spinning them gloriously like a weather vane, unrestrained by anything, they were enabled to twirl and gush as they wished.  Her feet were bare, toenails painted a sweet lilac as her small feet indented the soft wet sand that ran in a band alongside the salty water. At her feet, was a ball, large and red though hard. However, when she kicked it with her immortal skin- it did not even ache her, let along pain.

Chasing her at human speed, very easily being able to catch her if only he bothered to race slightly faster, was a grinning Edward Cullen. His own hair was untamed, there was no need to use any products or do anything with it except allow it to dry however it please, flopping in his eyes. He was there with Ambrosia, the sweet girl who loved him entirely. He was also shoeless, crooked smile prominent and nothing on his body except some pinstripe summer shorts that were perhaps considered short, he blamed Alice for that- but Ambrosia didn't mind. There was no one there to ogle her beautiful husband except herself and she certainly did like to stare at him in hypnotised awe. That's one thing that never changed was how beautifully gorgeous he was in her eyes.

Ambrosia Cullen threw laughter to the wind as she raced along the beach toward him now, determined to win the game they were playing, despite the fact that it actually had no official rules or procedures. They were just clowning around and that was the very best way to be. Ambrosia did, however, cheer in excitement for herself when she kicked the ball right past Edward and into his makeshift goal that was marked only by his t-shirt on one side and her floppy hat on the other. His mouth popped open slightly, in clear shock at what he had just allowed happen in his distracted manner. He had been too busy staring at Ambrosia to even notice what she was doing. And now, the vampire woman laughed into the air, head thrown back and hair swishing around her like a cloak as she danced around in a victory circle, hands thrust high into the sky.

Edward growled teasingly and Ambrosia shrieked out a distorted laugh as he made toward her on the beach. Soon enough, after a long pause of humouring her; Edward grabbed her from behind, spinning to absorb the force as her joy giggled through his ears. There was no better sound to him than her laughter and if he could, he'd bottle it and keep it close forever. Instead, he'd have to resort to always encouraging laughter from her, solely so that he could listen and know that she was happy. Stumbling banteringly, Edward dropped into a heap on the sand and she giggled again.

Edward shocked his little wife by straddling her waist, holding her hands easily up over her head with only his left hand as the sea easily lapped at her ankles. She blinked at him curiously, considering what he would possibly do with this new advantage. She was overjoyed when he dipped his head down and sealed his lips over hers, ball forgotten as the sea easily stole it, bobbing it just at the edge of the wave, uncertain of its hold over it. Edward and Ambrosia were utterly distracted in one another, kisses and sweet caresses coming naturally.

Effortlessly, the vampire man grabbed her up into his arms, her legs and arms looping around him to stop herself from falling as those lips she knew so well continued to dance in a familiar dance that she physically could not get bored of. Sand rained down around her as they walked back toward the house, dislodged from the movement but he seemed unfazed as he boosted her higher into his arms, stepping through the glass door into their bedroom.

They were both glad that they did not overheat from the sun, nor tire easily because both things would most definitely have put something of a damper on their honeymoon...