[7] The Queen

Glimmer leaned on me as we rode the horse we found to Brightmoon, Bow and Adora trailing next to us. The inside of my legs was beginning to hurt from riding for so long, but it was drowned out by everything else in my body that hurt. 

"Hey, we're here," Bow stated, causing all of us to stare at the awesomeness that was the bright-moon castle. No matter how much time I spend in that place, Its beauty and shine would never go dull for me.

"Woah," I heard Adora say and I chuckled, remembering I said the exact same thing when I first arrived so many years ago. Of course, I was half-conscious, but whatever. 

"Welcome to Brightmoon," Glimmer added. In the distance, birds were chirping a lovely tune and the castles rune-stone was shining brighter than ever, casting a blue glow onto its surroundings.

"Its so, beautiful," the blonde gasped, her eyes bigger than the moon with excitement. Glimmer than started talking again, almost as If she was just forming the plan then, "Okay, I just need to go in there, recharge, and deal with my mom."

I suddenly interjected, "I should go with you. She'll probably wonder where I am if I don't," She nodded.

"This will be fun." She then turned to face bow and Adora, "Uh, bow? Maybe you should take Adora in the back way."

"Oh. Yeah. Good call," was all I could hear as we trotted away on the horse. It was slow, but eventually we made it to the entrance of the castle, where glimmer and I both got off the probably exhausted horse. A guard grabbed the reins of the horse and took it somewhere.

"Glimmer! Y/N!" Angella's voice cut through the silence as she stared at both of us with anger and worry, "Where have you two been!" She started walking towards us and I glanced a nervous look at glimmer, her replying with the same look.

"Hey Mom," I could tell Glimmer was tired, as her voice was straining, almost if her vocal chords themselves were the only thing keeping her from falling asleep right then and there.

"All of Bright Moon has been worried sick! What were you two thinking!?"

"Mom!-" Glimmer tried to get her attention, but she kept talking and becoming more and more frustrated.

"How could you both be so selfish and disobedient!-" Glimmer suddenly groaned and started to fall, but I caught her just in time. I looked up at Angella with a pleading look, and she simply took Glimmer from my arms and yelled something to a nearby guard.

Said guard came over and helped me start walking to the castle as Angella held glimmer and flew up too the runestone to get Glimmer recharged.

It was only then that I realized how absolutely horrible I looked. There were bruises on my arms and not to mention the big one on my back. My cast had a huge crack on it, which did not help the pain in my hand. And there was blood on my shirt from my bloody nose. Speaking of which, the tissue that I had, fell out during the battle but thankfully the blood had stopped.

My eyes were starting to droop but I kept awake. I realized the guard had taken me to my room and I went inside without a word and shut the door. But just as I was about to fall onto the bed and sleep til next week, Bow and Adora were suddenly in my room.

I stared at them, "what are you guys doing in here," I felt like facepalming but I think even that would use too much of my energy.

"Uhh," I dismissed them with a wave and tiredly walked over to my bed, falling onto the fluffy pillows, but soon after, glimmer teleported to my room, making it even harder to sleep.

"I'm here! Okay, my moms on her way, but no one panic!"

"WHAT!" All of us screamed at the same time, my already tired mind beginning to go crazy.