Epilogue

4 years later.........

Zawad's P.O.V.

"Don't! Don't pick that up! It's dirty! Shayaan leave it!" I screamed while running behind my two year old son. Where did he get so much energy at 4 in the morning?

He is such a naughty kid I wonder who he gets this characteristics from. He looks like me, that's a plus point. But his nose is just as sharp as his mom. And that bossy attitude! Boy, it's never mine. Duplicate of his mom.

I lifted him up and threw away the dirty piece of bread he just picked up from the floor and pushed inside his mouth. He was clearly upset for his precious treasure being snatched away, so he screamed at the top of his lungs and started crying. "Mama!!"

And yep, those tantrums too came from his mom for sure. I'm such a calm and gentle person. It was never in my gene. I smiled to myself. Staring at the little human.

But the naughty kid in my lap cried so loud asking for his mom that my smile couldn't last longer. "We will go to mom! See! I'm all dressed up. You have to get ready too! Come! Shayaan and baba will fly on plane today, won't we?" I jumped few steps trying to uplift his mood. But he kept asking for his mama. Oh God! You have a father too! Can't you just ask for me instead? Why mama all the time?
And I'm not giving her up to you. She is mine anyway. Huh.

I took him to the bedroom and after trying for a good fifteen minutes, I was able to brush his teeth. He threw tantrums but I had to promise a lot of bribe so that he stops his crying which included buying him a popsicle, an aeroplane, according to him he will go to visit his mom by that, and a white meow with whom he will play.

After brushing, I slid a shirt through his arms and a pair of jeans. He and I are wearing the same shirt right now. His mom loves it when we wear matching clothes. He must look cool and dashing, else his mother is going to kill me. I mean am I just a babysitter or a father? These two do not seem to care for my existence at all when they have each other. They treat me like an object, mostly a mobile rollercoaster for this kid.

"Mama is waiting to see us, doesn't she?!"I excitedly kept talking to him while he was being dressed, "We will fly to her and Mama will be surprised like... Whoaaaa!! Is this my Shayaan?!! Right?"

"Yes!! Mama jump!!"he was ecstatic imagining his mother's reaction after seeing him. After all it's been a week without them seeing each other. I bet she will cry.

We got ready after combing our hair and putting on the same perfume. Then I let him go play while I packed his bag of diapers and some clothes. I had to put some serious thought into which dresses I should take and how many dresses I should take. Because I don't want Shayba to scream, "Why haven't you brought those certain blue pair of pants?! Don't you know he doesn't sleep without those?!" Or something like, "How could you bring only ten shirts Abir?! Don't you know he makes them dirty real quick?! He is just a kid!" Or something like, "Where is his favorite giraffe?! How could you forget that at home?!" I want her to be absolutely sure that I can rear up my son on my own, and that too, very well.

We headed downstairs and I cleaned two of his feeders with hot water. Then I poured the milk inside and we were ready to go.

"Mom we are leaving!"
"So soon? Wait!" My mom ran to her grandchild and gave sloppy kisses all over his face but that little devil uttered no complaint. If I did the same to his face, he would have cried really loud and started asking for his mama as if I'm torturing him. I frowned at his reaction and headed out.

Before his birth, I really never knew how it is even possible to love someone so unconditionally. Seeing him I feel like my life has a purpose now. To be a better person for him. To earn a lot of money for him. To keep the environment clean for him. To make the world a better place for him. To love his mom even more for gifting me with him. It's been four years, and I'm still infatuated with this woman. Sometimes I wonder to myself what good deed I did to deserve her as my wife.