Chapter-21 : Back to the Pavilion

Zawad's P.O.V.

It's been a week since we returned to our country. And ever since then, mom is celebrating her one and only child's win. She has framed the certificate and hung it on the wall of her bedroom. And beside it, on another nail, swings my silver medal. I knew that she was mentally not normal but it was proved right again when she called all my relatives informing this and delivered sweets to each of their houses. I mean why??? Why do you have to announce everywhere how great your son is??

After returning, I conveyed her the gift that Shayba gave. She took it from me and gave a suspicious look,"Why? Does she want to impress me?"

"No mom!! Why would that be? She even gave gifts to Rafsan's younger sister and Medha. There's nothing to doubt!"

"Oh okay fine then."she smiled and opened the package,"Oh that's so beautiful! Tell her that I loved it! Oh no no no no! Give her a call now! I'll talk."

"No you won't. I'll tell her by myself."

"How dare you disobey me boy? I said Call her now!"she yelled.

"Okay fine! I'm calling, crazy woman!"

The phone was received in two beeps. I switched the loudspeaker button on at my mom's nagging.

"Assalamu Alaikum Zawad bhai."she joyously said.

"Walaikumus Salam. Here. Talk with my mom."I handed over the phone immediately before she could protest.

"Assalamu Alaikum dear!!"mom said beaming with a hundred watt smile.

She was silent for some moments for not being ready with what I did. "Ahh Walaikum salaam aunty. How are you?"

"Alhumdulillah! How you doing?"

"Alhumdulillah fine."

"You know, Zawad just gave me the purse that you gifted. Oh that's so pretty SubhanAllah! Thank you so much dear. I really appreciated it. Jazakillahu Khair."

"It's really not a big deal aunty. Wa Anti Fa Jazakumullahu Khair."

"No no. It IS a big deal darling. I never thought someone will bring gifts for me."she said eyeing slantwise at me,
"How is your family?"

"Alhumdulillah good."

"What about your studies?"

"Yeah aunty, going fine Alhumdulillah."

"Okay then. If you come to Chittagong anytime,come over to our home, okay? Anytime! Just give me a call."

I heard her awkwardly chuckling,"Okay aunty. I sure will."

Then bidding goodbye to each other, they hung up the call. "She is a nice girl."mom commented.

"Hmm? Yeah.... right."I smiled.

"Oyee look at you! Blushing at the thought of a girl!"

"Mom! Guys don't blush!"I uttered with irritation.

"But you just did!"she giggled.

Ignoring her sneer, I extended my hand with the silver parcel from my luggage which carried the navy blue Rolex watch.

"What's this?"

"See it for yourself."

She suspiciously took the parcel and untied the ribbon. Then tearing up the wrapping paper, she slowly opened the box. And the next moment, her disposition changed with utter surprise as she got lost in her thoughts for some time. She took it out of the box and tears instantly filled her eyes, "Oh Abir!"saying this she took me in her embrace.