Chapter-3 : Determined

Shayba's P.O.V.

I wake up at dawn to pray my prayer. Nope. I'm not gonna break down for some stupid people. If I go back to my home, it'll just prove that I'm a complete coward. And that's never gonna happen.

After saying my prayers, I wrap my scarf in the neck and get outside of my room silently as there's no one seen in sight. Going to the roof, the serene and foggy weather washes all the turmoils from my heart. Standing on the roof with my hair opened, I inhale deeply in the winter morning breeze. That's so relaxing Alhumdulillah! It feels like all my worries are swooshed away with the air!

I think about everything that happened yesterday and remember the verses of Quran,"For with every hardship, there will be ease. Indeed with every hardship, there will be ease." I become determined that I'm not gonna be scared anymore. I promise to myself that I won't cry again for those scoundrels. "Help me Allah." I murmur.

Suddenly my eyes fall on the road and a male figure is visualized. Ya Allah! I duck my head and hide myself behind the railing. My heart starts to palpitate faster in fear. Hope he didn't notice me. Oh no!! Forgive me,Allah!!!!! It's totally my fault that I didn't cover my hair!!! Oh how sinful I'm feeling currently!! I gotta go back to my room now.... by any means...

Zawad's P.O.V.

As usual I don't sleep at night. And tonight has been an extra special one. Tanveer has got a new girlfriend who's extremely hot. That girl was one of our seniors' girlfriend. They broke up two weeks ago and Tanveer already got hold of her. Slut.

That's why he threw a party last night. I mean he brought Benson and Hedges and some cheap Bangladeshi beer. I wanted to drink that beer too but suddenly I don't know why I remembered my mom's face. That's rare. I hardly remember her advice when doing something immoral.

I told my friends that I was full and won't drink tonight which clearly upsetted everyone. They requested me several times because it'll keep their fun incomplete, so I only took two sips. However we all were high enough tonight by smoking weed.

It's been dawn and I think I should go to the hall now. Standing still in the street,I stare blankly at the sky thinking about some poor philosophy, must be the effect of weeds. Suddenly my eyes fall on the roof of the girls' hostel. Oh gosh, is this an angel?

I see a girl standing on the roof silently in deep meditation. Her hair flying in the air and covering her pretty little face. There is like an aura around her. How can a normal person stand so easily in such a cold weather? Though she suits just perfectly in this atmosphere! As if just one bit sound will crash this beautiful silence in a second. She stood there for 2 seconds more only and suddenly vanished in the air.

"Hey!!! Where did you go??? I didn't see your face properly!!" I tried to shout but my dried throat didn't let me. I head to my hostel to get fresh. I've only two hours left for class and I can't miss that. After all I need to study well too to get along with my grades. Exam is near, man!

I'm now in my fourth year, trying to get a good C.G.P.A., not actually, the best C.G.P.A in the class so that I can apply for a handsome job. If I study well I can be a faculty teacher of this university. And to be honest, that freaking post has been my only goal since childhood. Only Allah knows how much I have always craved for the post of a Professor in such a great university. Besides I need to make my mom happy. After all I am her one and only child. All her dreams circle around me.

My mom,Saniya Khan is a beautiful woman,taller than most other bangali ladies with a height of 5 feet 8 inch. So let's just say lingering height is in my genes. LOL. She is a person of jovial mind and kinda mischievous personality. I hardly have seen her in gloom as she puts on her smiling face at every small thing. Her character fills in the emptiness of kids in our home as she is all the time running or screaming or in a hurry. She got married when she was only 17 and dad was 28. I was born just a year later after their hymen. So the difference between me and mom's age is very slight I must say. That's why I have really been free with her. Having no siblings,I share everything about me with her. She has reared me up almost by her own because my dad, Mr. Zahid Khan was always busy in his business. Sorry, not his, but theirs. Dad and mom had altogether created their first ever drop shipping company named H2O just after I was born. This is the facility of marrying an educated woman, she will make your life showered with success and happiness.