Chapter-14 : Unbearable

Shayba's P.O.V.

"Get the hell out of here right now!!!" I yell at Annaba boiling in anger. "How dare you not come over when I told you to?????"

"I just...Calm down sis. It was mom and dad's order to send you alone. Believe me, I didn't want to upset you.."she replies in fear.

"And what is that order for???"I grit my teeth.

She sighs. "You know the reason,don't you? Sadia aunty came to ask your hand for her son. So I must not be a third wheel between you two,right? I'm just a year younger than you and for that I must not be present in front of your future in laws. Don't you understand that? Why are you scolding me?"

"What the....! How could mom and dad agree on this damn proposal without even telling me for once???? Doesn't my choice matter to them at all?? Besides I'm now only in my first year!!!!! Is my life a joke to you all?"I burst into flames this time.

"Come on sis. Please cool down. It's not like they are getting you married right now. They are just looking for a guy who is suitable for you. Nothing else... Your marriage is beyond their concern now. Trust me."she tries some failed attempts to console me, although she knows very well how I am exactly feeling right now.

I call Bhaiya at once. No sooner does he receive the call than I yell,"Bhaiya,do you have any idea what just happened????"

"Woah woah woah calm down Shai...! What happened??"

"Do you know that mom and dad are planning to get me married??!? They brought a damn stupid proposal today for me!!! Can you believe???? All on a sudden, a guy is introduced to me and I get stuck with him for an hour!!! Everyone leaves us alone to know ourselves better! How dare they?!!?" I scream again at the top of my voice.

"Seriously?? Mom didn't tell me anything about it."

"Now you gotta handle this!!!!"I snap.

"Okay okay. I'll see. Don't worry."

"Thanks Bhaiya. Allah Hafez. Take care."

"Yeah you too Shai. Allah Hafez."

Without throwing another word to Annaba, I go to the washroom and slam the door. I don't want any of these people sympathizing me just after they broke my trust.

I look at the mirror and thought about all the things that happened just now.

That guy was constantly blabbering about his dad's business and looking directly at me, to be more precise,my body! I felt like I was being swallowed by someone! It almost brought tears to my eyes that this guy had no respect for a Muslim girl! His words are still spinning in my head,"Do you wear hijab in home too?" When I said nothing but glaring at him, that stupid added to flatter me,"I'll love to see you without hijab. I believe your hair as beautiful as you."

I cried like a child standing in front of the mirror. Does he have any idea what hijab means??? Why didn't my parents even ask me for once before introducing me to this guy???

_______________________________________

It's Friday morning, 6:15 a.m. I haven't talked to anyone since yesterday's incident. To be honest,it's really pissing me off but I'm trying to act all cool in front of my parents. They have to admit that it was their fault and swear to me that they will never do something like this again.

As I wanted to divert my mind to find some peace,I start reading the Quran. "Verily in the remembrance of Allah,do hearts find peace...." How accurate this verse is SubhanAllah!

Then I concentrate on my studies as it's almost time for the year final exam. I'm soon going to be a second year student. When I was totally lost in my thoughts about studying,the loud sound of my ringtone breaks the intentness.