Chapter-33 : Inexplicable Happiness

Shayba's P.O.V.

"Oh Allah, can you believe H2O's son is marrying you? Internet and newspapers will flood with your pictures you'll see."mom grinned.

"Yeah in your dreams."

"If he marries you, Allah, we won't have any tension for money at all!"

"Mom you make it seem like we are in intense financial crisis now and this guy from nowhere is coming to rescue us from all debts!"I ejaculated my exasperation.

"But just imagine what our status would be! The whole town will talk about H2O's owner's wedding and guess who his wife will be?? My daughter!! Oh my goodness! I can't keep calm Shayba! I must tell our neighbours!"

"Oh hello, stop right there. You aren't telling anyone about anything regarding this proposal."I huffed, "And FYI, he is not the owner of that company. His father is. He is only inheriting it by luck."

"And what is wrong with it? Soon he will be the owner! After all, he is the only son. Isn't it great? No one will mess with you after your wedding. No evil sister in law to fight with and no brother in law to share your property with."

I sighed in tumult. "Will you stop it mom? How can you say such things when I haven't even seen him yet?!"

"So what? I bet he looks dashing. After all, he was born rich. If he looks bad, he will just make a plastic surgery of his face. What's the big deal?" my mom giggled.

"Yeah right rich. And that means he is the only spoilt child of his opulent parents who doesn't have any significant quality of himself, rather than a huge ancestral property which he received without any credit and wow, his whole life depends on it. I can guarantee he was one of the least attentive students of his class who used to roam around with a pile of pocket money in his wallet and some stupid flatterers behind him. Thus he reigned with supreme dominance like a jerk trying to make others' lives hell. All those rich kids are the same mom. His life was all set since forever. What does he know about the real world? "

"Wow sis slow down,"Annaba laughed entering the room, "He may not be as stupid as you think."

"Yeah whatever." I turned to leave, "But wait. Let me tell you clearly mom, if I don't like this guy's behaviour and find it annoying somehow, he seems not to say his regular prayers, I'm calling off this marriage. At least I have that right."

"Excuse me? You are in no liberty to do such things now. You have messed it enough Shayba. You should feel lucky that you still get such proposal. Abeer will come this Friday with his family to see you and if they like you, they will on spot fix the akdh date. Ahhh I feel so elated Shayba! I didn't become so happy even when you got admitted to U.o.E."

Huffing at her statement, trying to process in head these upcoming despondent week of mine, I got ready to leave home for university.

"At least take his biodata and have a look!"mom shouted from her balcony when I was getting on the car.

"No, thank you. I couldn't care less."I shouted back and got inside. Geez!

Don't know why I find this so called flamboyant proposal vexing but the sudden approach of this unknown guy definitely feels weird. How am I going to get married to someone whom I don't know at all?! Yeah I know, I would never have a love marriage, but still! This guy seems to come from a completely different part of the world.

How am I going to spend the rest of my life with him who seems most likely not to share my views? Maybe what is Haram to me will seem modern and smart to him. Maybe what is forbidden for me according to Islam, he will find it the most pleasant. And what if he hates my kind of attire and veil? What if he forbids me to wear abaya and niqab to show my well polished figure to everyone? What if he smokes on a regular basis? What if he doesn't pray his Salah? I mean these are my basic criteria! I can't condone any of them. Agonizing questions flooded in my head as I reached my campus with a sore heart trying to put a tight smile on my face.