Chapter-9 : The Call

Shayba's P.O.V.

I arranged all the forms and files till morning to evening to get everything ready for our very first surveying. Oh I'm super excited for that. Our topic is based on landscape architecture and I can't wait to see what comes next.

We are going outside of Dhaka to see some architectural heritage centers. Now it's just two days left and I'm counting down. Annaba was screaming on the phone when she heard that I'm going so far without her. I was laughing like an evil and telling her about how much fun our activities would be only to tease her.

The bus started at 8:30 a.m. We all were super excited for this. It was kind of a picnic. Being the CR,it was my and my three fellow classmates' responsibility to check everything out before we started.

We reached at our destination at 3:30. All our excitement and anticipations were banished when our teachers didn't give us anytime to rest and get refreshed,rather they told us to start working. What the heck man! At least let me breathe!

We had to measure up, draw and collect data as much as possible the whole day. The lunch break was only for fifteen minutes. I had to quickly pray my prayers and eat in such a little time. Argh... Now I really don't understand why the hell I chose this subject!

At night we got back at 8:30 but after taking dinner, no one had the energy to enjoy, rather went to sleep in an instant because tomorrow would be an even more restless day.

The next day was just the same kind of tiring and hectic as this one. I don't know about boys but girls had to sacrifice all their simple luxuries like makeover or hairstyling or even using a nice washroom for the sake of work which would be insulting to say only 'painful'. I was totally dehydrated and feeling giddy all the time. Thanks to Allah I had taken a full box of saline with me. Not only I, but too the whole team needed that.

In the evening, when we were finished with out work and returning to our rooms, Sir called all the CRs to have a meeting with him. Nooooooo!!! I'm tired as hell and I can't take this anymore! Mom!!!! I wanna go home!!! I burst into crying in the inside.

After two days of unbearable labor, we headed back to our university. No one could move a muscle in the bus as all were damn tired. How funny it is that the exact same people were so excited to come here two days ago!

When we reached at our hostel,it was 10:30 p.m. We got down from the bus, took our backpacks and went to our own rooms. Now I just need a sound sleep. Even an earthquake or a cyclone cannot stop me from doing that.

I can tell neither Annaba nor Nawsheen how my tour actually was... If they know the truth, they will kill me jointly with their ridicules... I fall asleep thinking about my future humiliation.

Zawad's P.O.V.

It's Thursday. So I have two days in hand to be outside of Dhaka. My classes were dismissed at 4:30 and then I quickly packed and got some things I needed. Without telling anyone, I went out and reached the rail station at 6:00. Now I'm on the train thinking about my whole life.

I am not feeling good at all. Something isn't right. What happened to dad? How much sick is he right now that he suddenly wants me to take on his business and fears of his life? How can he wants such a big thing from me when he knows it very well that I have always studied hard to be a professor at the topmost university of the country? Doesn't my dream matter at all to him?

On the way I was just praying to Allah to invigorate my dad so that he can be rigid and work hard again. It's been a long time I prayed to ask for something. The me who doesn't even pray the Jummah prayer every week, let alone the regular ones, has now no other option except praying to Allah.