Chapter-17 : One step closer

Shayba's P.O.V.

After a long 9 hours of journey, our flight finally landed on the other side of the earth at 9 p.m. We have reached?? My heart starts to beat faster than ever in extreme excitement. I am in France now? Without my family? Oh gosh I can't believe this!

There are two teams that have been selected from Bangladesh. One is 'Archidroits' from U.o.E and the other is 'Venus' from another renowned university of the country.

No doubt we are having a huge fight soon. I want to win this competition at any cost. After all our team consists of the top students of their respective classes!

But all the excitement and anticipations were diminished while we were checking out and the guard in duty coming forward stopped me. I looked confusingly at him. What's wrong? Do I look like a thief or terrorist? My team stopped with me too to see what happened.

"Sorry mam. You have to open that scarf. We need to check if you got here anything."

My jaw dropped at his demand. WHATTTTT???? What does he think I have got under my scarf? An atom bomb?

"I'm sorry I..."

Before finishing my sentence, Zawad bhai came forward in a defending way making me compelled to move aside. "Excuse me? I really don't understand the necessity of her opening the scarf. You didn't block any other person to check, then why her now? Just because she is practicing her religion? What kind of harassment is this?"

Oh God!

"Sorry sir, but this is our duty. We have to ensure everyone's safety here."

"Then why only her? Because she is a Muslim? Is that a reason for her to put off her scarf in front of everyone? If you guys wanted so bad to check, then get a properly covered area and bring some female guards. Who allowed you to harass a Muslim girl like that?"this time he raised his voice and I really got scared. Ya Allah save us please! It seems like he will start a fight in no time. This is not even Bangladesh. Who will come to our help now?

"Zawad bhai please let it go. It's not our country."I pleaded squeakily from behind.

"SO WHAT? HOW CAN I JUST LET IT GO???"he glared back and flickered his anger upon me loud.

"Sorry. Do whatever you want."I stepped back guiltily mumbling. I am the reason for creating this fuss.

Thankfully by the grace of Almighty Allah, the guard huffed,"Sir, please wait. I'm calling a female officer to check." Alhumdulillah! He agreed!

In no time there was a stone faced middle aged woman in front of us. She, with full annoyance in her face, checked every single part of my body literally every single part including my head with her security checker machine and finally finding nothing suspicious in me, permitted to go.

"Thank you." I genuinely thanked her with all my heart. At least she didn't make me put off my hijab!

She replied like a robot,"You are welcome Mam."

Sighing in relief,we came out of the airport and suddenly to my surprise the whole way, Zawad bhai kept lecturing me gradually raising his voice, "Are you stupid? Why would you say to let it go? I mean HOW CAN YOU just let it go???? Would you be comfortable if he compelled you to open your hijab? In front of us guys? In front of the huge crowd? Are you insane?!? I know it's not your country. But that doesn't mean you will accept whatever they want you to do! What? Don't you have a mouth? Why aren't you speaking now? Answer me! Why didn't you revolt then? Will you do whatever you are ordered to when you are in another country? Are you an idiot?"