Chapter-34 : Intertwining Lives

Shayba's P.O.V.

"Sooooo?" Annaba and Nadia simultaneously asked giggling when my mom left the room at last and I had barely started acting normal about a wedding proposal.

"What?"I replied trying to stop my blush for no reason.

"How was the conversation between you two? God, I can't believe I had to miss his kneeling down!"Nadia cracked up.

"Have you always been a part of this Nadia?"I sighed.

"Oh obviously! Why else would I have accompanied you to his office last week? I badly wanted to see how he reacts after sending the proposal ahahaha!!" the room shook with her laughter.

I couldn't help but sigh again, "I can't believe you guys always kept it a secret from me. How would I even suspect that my sister had joined hands with my roommates in a conspiracy against me?"

"A conspiracy that has a good intention is the best of all conspiracies ever." she sang.

"Anyway, when are we going to say yes?" Annaba asked excitedly.

And for a moment, I just stopped. Saying yes to my marriage? With him?
Even the thought of the word 'husband' left me blushing profusely. I couldn't deny how excited I felt even though I wanted my mind to divert to something else.

"Aww look at your smile!" Nadia chided. "God! You two will make a great pair!"

And that's how they kept teasing me leaving me sleepless the whole night. Even when they lay down and drifted to sleep, I couldn't get myself to calm down my thudding heart.

How will I meet him again?? For Allah's sake, I can't face him in the University! And what am I supposed to call him? Oh God!

I prayed Istikhara in the middle of the night and hopefully woke up in the morning with a light, elated heart. As I felt comfort and confidence in me, I officially told my mother about my affirmative response.

And voila! The whole house wore a festive mood with everyone running to shower me with tight hugs and kisses. But I choked up when mom called his mother before noon and oh my Allah, who am I kidding? They both agreed to do the engagement as soon as possible and then fix the date for wedding. I mean what is the rush?

My heart started banging against my chest as my hands turned cold and stomach twisted inside. Allah please help me! I've never felt this way before.

Unfortunately for me, the week starts on Sunday and oh yes, Mr. Zawad Abir Khan is supposed to take our first lecture Argh! There's no chance I'm going to the University tomorrow!

"Come on sis! How long do you plan to miss your classes to avoid him? You are going to meet him soon anyway." Annaba shook my body to wake me up from sleep in the morning.

"Just go away! I'm not going today even if you kill me!"

"You sure you won't go today?"

"Yes, I definitely am!"

"Fine, let me call bro in law to pick you up then."she casually spoke. My heart stopped instantly as I felt her getting up from the bed and fetch her phone from the table. Ya Allah!!!!! This girl is seriously calling him!

"Okay okay okay I'm up! See!"I screamed jumping out of the bed throwing away my blanket. My eyes almost jumped out of their sockets.

"There you go. Such a cute little child."she laughed like an evil, "Get ready babe."

I got prepared eventually and tying my niqab carefully left for my university. I keep my gaze down anyway, my eyes are not gonna meet him! If I see him, I'll just stick my eyes to the ground pretending not to see! There! Problem solved.
I tried to pacify myself groundlessly though it did no help at all.