Chapter-35 : Sponsalia

Zawad's P.O.V.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror wearing the white sherwani and smiled. I bet she is looking dashing in that pink dress. She has to.
I am afraid that I will not be able to take my eyes off of her at my first glance and she will get annoyed. After all we will still be a haram couple and she will continue to ignore me in front of everyone in the University Argh.

Getting ready, I knocked on Mom's door. The last 2 weeks, it has been a bliss for her presence in my apartment. "You ready?"

"Yeah."she smiled bright.

I looked at her maroon sharee, "You look drop dead gorgeous mom."

"Oh!"she laughed aloud, "You will forget that as soon as you see your bride huh."

"How could you say so? NEVER! You are my first love and always will be, lady."I dramatically replied holding my chest.

She giggled fixing her sharee. "I wish your father was here to witness your engagement." She spoke of dad so casually looking at the mirror that for a second made me only mazed and I was out of words. "Umm yes....."

"What are you thinking? Go, call your uncle and see how long it will take them to reach here. Your wife is waiting."she laughed again.

"Oh yeah, sure."I hurriedly came out of her room and sighed at myself. How can I be so selfish and overwhelmed about my wedding that I completely forget about my father? How can I not miss him at all by my side today? I am so measly! How did I forget the person who gave me birth, brought me up and dedicated his whole life for me?

With a sour mind, I called my relatives. They will be picking us up and then we will start for her home together.

"Abir?"
"Yeah ma?"I turned around.
"Take this." I looked to find a bouquet of pink roses in her hand.
"What am I supposed to do with it?"

"Give it to your bride. I specially ordered the roses. She will be overwhelmed, I am telling you."

"Umm....o..kay!" I took the bouquet from her with slight confusion. Wow, my first flowers for her is going to be from my mother?
"I should have ordered the flowers actually, shouldn't I?"I sighed again.

"Yes. And you forgot it. You must know when to give your girl flowers and gifts and keep her happy." She laughed aloud, "Looks like I have to teach you all these things too."

"Argh! I'm hopeless! I was so excited to do our engagement, I didn't even bother to think of other gifts!" I whined.

"There, there, you will learn."she chuckled and caressed my back when my relatives began to show up. After exchanging Salam and hugs and all the "Our Abir has grown up" and "You are really getting married now" speeches from my uncles and aunts along with exciting congratulatory wishes from the little cousins, we finally started for her home.

Reaching there the first thing that took our attention was the lawn of her house decorated in combination of white and pink roses. Though I personally hate the colour pink, right now no else colour seemed to suit the design better.

"Ayyee! Hello there groom! Salam." My eyes followed Annaba's voice as I smiled. She came to the door running with her brother and some other relatives maybe slowly walking behind her.

"Walaikumus Salam. How do I look?"I grinned.

"Handsome!" Click! She took a pure candid picture of mine and ran backwards, "See ya! I gotta show it to the bride!"

"What the...! At least let me pose!"

"Nope. Original grin is the best!"she laughed and ran upstairs while we entered.