Chapter-39 : Explication

Zawad's P.O.V.

Damn!
Damn!
Damn!
Son of a bitch!

I was running to my car from the convention centre to get in my car. I have only 20 minutes left to reach the airport and catch my flight to Singapore. Reaching the car, I couldn't find my driver. Thank God, I have spare keys. Getting in the car, I threw away the turban from my head to the side seat and started driving to the airport. I will call my driver later to take the car back from the airport's parking lot. I have to catch the flight now! Oh dear Allah! Help me, please! My phone kept vibrating in my pocket but I just couldn't pick it up while driving so fast. All thanks to my mom for choosing a convention center not so far from the airport.

When I reached the airport, I checked the watch again. 7 minutes. 7 minutes and that damn bastard will be gone. I have to catch him. Now! Thank God I had my passport with me.

I showed my online ticket at the booth that Yogesh booked for me and got in. Then I ran to the plane just before they could seal the gate. Alhumdulillah!

I took my seat and breathed heavily. I have no idea how I could reach the airport and catch the flight so quickly. I'm really fortunate.

Speaking of fortune, I laughed at the agony. I was supposed to get married today for Allah's sake! Instead right now, I'm in my wedding Sherwani running from my wedding venue towards an unknown destination. I brought my phone out of my pocket and saw hundreds of missed calls. I saw the name Shayba and my breathing stopped immediately. What have I done to her?! What will she think of me?! Oh Allah, help me out please!

The air hostess started announcing that the flight will take off soon, so I quickly texted my driver to take the car back from where I parked it and in little time I was in the air.

I couldn't contact her.

Why is every bad thing happening to me all at once?! I threw the phone on my lap. Unbearable!

The whole journey a terrible guilt ate me up. What was I supposed to do? I had no other option! I had to come. What else could have I done? My mind reeled back to the moment I was getting ready for my own wedding when Yogesh called.

"Sir, I'm sorry but I have to interrupt you. There's been a bankrupt."
"A what!?!?!!"
"Bankrupt. Yes, you heard me right." Yogesh breathed hard, "H2O's commercial bank balance is absolutely zero now. Completely zero."
I couldn't understand. Did I hear him right?
"I don't understand. What are you talking about?! How is this possible?!"
"Sir, I'm still looking for it. I'll let you know when I know something new."
"Yes, keep me informed. And don't tell my mom anything! Contact with Mahmud Bhai right now."
"Sure." saying this, he hung up before me. Not out of disrespect, I could get that, Yogesh is anxious like me too. But what the damn hell did I just hear? How is that even possible? And who will do such a thing?!

I didn't tell mom anything about it. I had to get dressed up instead and start for the convention centre. But I just couldn't get my mind focused on the happy event. What am I supposed to do now? On one side, my parents' whole world is breaking down, we have been bankrupted with zero bank balance left, and then on the other side, everyone is waiting for me to get married to the most beautiful girl in the world who I deeply fell in love with.

I was sitting on the stage, deeply engrossed in the information I got from Yogesh and other texts that continuously came from some other staff, some welling up at the thought of our company's shutting down, some complaining whether they are going to get their salary or not, and some consoling me for my deep loss, and then came some messages wishing me all the best for a happy married life. I was supposed to be cheerfully waiting to get the opportunity to finally call this particular girl my wife, but then Yogesh called again.