Chapter-25 : Cruxes

Zawad's P.O.V.

"Yeah. So how much should be left there?"

"Sir, about a million BDT."

"And how much is there actually?"

He stuttered this time. "Sir, 7.5 lakh."

"Then where did the rest 2 and a half go?" I was trying to stay as calm as possible but it was being difficult now to control my anger anymore.

He said nothing but lowered his head.

"ANSWER ME!!" I yelled loud.

"I don't know, Sir."he blenched even more.

"TELL ME how do you want me to envisage this?!?" I threw away the register on my desk,"There's 3 and a half lakh missing from September's profit, 2 from August. And God knows how much more from the previous months!!! WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING AS AN ACCOUNTANT?!??"

"Sorry sir."he mumbled.

"SORRY???? THIS IS WHAT YOU WANNA TELL AFTER ALL THESE HAVE HAPPENED???"I was breathing hard by now. He replied nothing. And that's it. I can't take this anymore.

"Mr. Roy," I said as coolly as possible, "You're fired."

His eyes brimmed with tears at once as he began to plead, "Sir Please don't do this to me, Sir. I have a family. I promise I will find it out! Just give me another chance Sir please! I beg you!"

Ignoring his incessant cries I got up and headed towards mom's office. After my final exam, I was given a one month vacation that has totally drenched into water for all this stupid business stuff. I haven't got a single moment to get my thesis report done before the deadline. This is the last chance to regain my 0.1 CGPA back if I truly want that faculty post. But the question is, DO I REALLY HAVE A CHOICE??? After working hard for all these years, at the end of the day, I am tied up to act as the Chief Director of H2O.

"Ma!"I called as I barged into her room but at once she pointed her index at me to keep quiet as she was already busy on her phone.

"I got this..... Yeah... Yeah I'll try.... Sure sure... I'm coming.. okay.."

She cut the call and leaning on her chair, shut her eyes as if trying to gulp the situation. WHAT HAPPENED NOW???

After a while she sat straight and gave me a questioning look.

"Is anything wrong ma?"

"No. Speak."

"I fired Yogesh Roy."

"And why is that?"

"The calculations of previous six months doesn't match with our estimations. There has been serious forgery all this time that we didn't notice."

"And you think firing him will bring our money back?"

"What?? Ma! It's totally his fault! He is the one who should be tallying each penny! He......!"

"Abir listen to me!"she shut me up in the middle. When I stopped being taken aback she added, "You are new to business. You can't take decisions so imprudently on basis of your mood Abir. Just because he isn't doing his work properly, you can't fire him. Firstly because he is a permanent officer of H2O and has full rights to be warned before getting fired. Second but most importantly he may know where the money went. If you fire and make him free, he will flee with our money in an instant. And if someone else took that and he had the slightest trace of it, we must bring that out from him. You get what I'm saying?"

I couldn't reply.

She is right! If Yogesh really has the money, he will run away. And if he knows who took that, we might inspect it out! Yes! I had never thought that way!