Chapter-1 : Arrival

Shayba's P.O.V.

Argh.. Finally!!! Finally I'm here at the ever dreamt place of mine! It's January 4th,4:32 p.m. and after spending exactly an hour in the unbearable traffic jam, now I'm standing in front of the student hall of the best Engineering University of the country I got enrolled in a few days ago.

Mom, Dad, Bhaiya and Annaba are here to drop me off. I said them almost a thousand times that I can go by myself. But my whole family has come with me to drop me off as if I was a little kid. I have luggages and my full family with me and everyone is staring at me supposing there is a circus going on. Goshhh it's so embarrassing!

To be honest I am actually delighted that my super busy family could manage time out of their busy schedules to bid me adieu, hence I'm grateful for that. My heart is fluttered standing here with all of them.

I turned to my family and said trying to keep my throat clear, "Okay guys,bye now! Pray for me and miss me a lot, okay?" I tried to act all cool but no sooner had mom come and hugged me tightly than tears started cascading down my jowls.

By the way, let me introduce myself first. I'm Shayba. Shayba Ahmed. I have quite a well off family to look after me. We live in a beautiful duplex building at Banani, Dhaka. It's kind of a little piece of heaven to me. In the frontyard, there is an excellent lawn where mom has planted colourful flowers,cactus and money plants. Beside that there is a parking spot for our two cars- one black Mercedes SUV which is usually used by dad only and the other,a white Toyota Corolla, used by the rest of the family. A small servant quarter is attached behind the building where our helping hands and drivers stay. The first floor has a spacious living room comes a dining space, a kitchen,a guest room and finally a study room for us, three siblings.

We all have our personal bedrooms with attached washrooms as well as balconies on the second floor though I and Annaba share the same one.

My dad, Mr. Salman Ahmed is a businessman. He imports electronics mostly from China, Singapore and Thailand and sells them in Bangladesh. We barely get to see his face as most of the time he is either abroad or at his office. In fact he comes home late every night. Mom patiently waits for his arrival with dinner on the table every single night as she knows very well that dad will never have dinner without her. Dad is a disheveled type of guy who is completely dependent on his wife to get all his chores done perfectly. We all wonder how devastated it would be if he didn't have a nifty wife like our mom.

My mom, Mrs. Anika Ferdous is a typical Asian housewife. She is a caring mom and a lovely wife. She comes of a wealthy family. And hush! It's an open secret that when dad went with his father to make some deals with grandpa, he fell for mom at the very first sight when she was spending some playful time with her friends on the terrace. But the truth is in reality my mom has a horrible sense of humor. She laughs hardly and remains serious all the time even when we siblings are cracking ridiculous jokes. Don't know how she gets such negative vibes from everything for which keeps squealing most of the time like every other desi moms.

Mom is someone who got everything she wanted in life. She could easily get spoilt but grandpa's strict observation kept her in limits all the time. She has always leaded a very elegant life since her birth. Being immensely beautiful, grandpa got her married off early to avoid evil eyes. She completed her M.A. after marriage. Her loveliness and elegant personality is enough to earn her charm, except for the fact that she acts like a psycho (I mean a desi mom) sometimes. She is either extremely tensed up about her kids, squealing about our poor health or some evil step mother from daily soaps complaining that we are the reasons for making her life an inferno. Her mood swings are so frequent that it sometimes becomes unbearable.