Chapter-7 : The Wonder Woman

Shayba's P.O.V.

After editing all the pictures one by one and sending them to its respective owners, I got up from the chair. Ahhhh!! My back hurts from sitting for so long!

I have an impending quiz test and surveying tours. I need to get prepared for that. I sat on my bed with a pile of books and lecture copies with my roommates and some other girls residing in the rooms beside us to discuss over the topics.

In the afternoon when we were completely bored with our studies, we decided to take a walk outside and have our tea and snacks. We went out of our campus and then one of my college friends called. I picked up the phone and was talking about my everyday life.

As I was walking on the busy road, all on a sudden I felt something weird on my right hand. As soon as I looked to my right someone just grabbed my phone and started running. Without thinking for once, I began running behind him too screaming,"My PHOOOOOONE!!!!!!" That guy was thin and ran really fast. I followed him on the busy road too. I can't leave him that easily.

Huh! You don't know whose phone you just snatched,you jerk!

Fortunately one bus came in front of him abruptly and he was bound to slow down. I took this opportunity to grab his back collar in an instant. Placing a loud slap on his face with all my force I yelled,"STOP!!!! Give me back my phone!!!" That guy didn't even care for my slap at all and started running with me hanging onto his shirt. What the heck!!!!! "STOOOOOPPP!!!!!" I shouted again and tried to hold myself back to reduce his speed.

Suddenly a hand joined beside mine that instantly caused that guy to stop. I looked to my right and found that senior brother. "Let me handle this. Leave his shirt."he ordered me.
I nodded and did what he said. He punched so hard on his face several times that even I felt pity for that plunderer. I tried to stop him but didn't have the courage to. Being like minced meat,the thief at once returned my phone and pleaded for forgiveness with his hands joined. That senior brother then gave it back to me and without any reason slapped that guy again telling him that he won't leave him the next time if he sees such an incident again.

I stood there until he stopped battering that guy. There was already a huge crowd around us watching the live cinema going on here. Damn!

Finally he left that thief and then turning to me yelled loud,"Are you INSANE???? Why the heck did you run after him??? Don't you understand that you could have run over by a car? Are you that dumb?"

I was so startled at his raising voice against me that I couldn't find my words for a while. Then I replied defensively, "Well that didn't happen, right? At least I caught him. And how can I let him take my phone so easily?"

He stared at me with astonishment in his eyes. Then without uttering another word sighed, probably thinking that I am a complete fool. Thanks to Allah he didn't scold me again in front of such a big crowd. Assuming his anger was diminished, I murmured to him with gratitude, "JazakAllahu Khair."

"Whaaaaat????"

"I said JazakAllahu Khair. For helping me out." I cleared my voice and replied awkwardly.

"What does that mean?"his eyebrows crinkled.

"That means may Allah reward you with the best."

"Why are you praying for me in the street all on a sudden?" He wondered.

This time I couldn't stop my laughing. Trying to hide it,I said,"It's just a polite way to say Thanks... You helped me. So I prayed to Allah that he may reward you with the best too."

He still didn't understand what I said just now as he kept on staring at me. At last smiled clumsily and replied, "Well thanks for that."

"You should reply with Wa Anti Fa Jazakumullahu Khair." I giggled and told him.

"Wh....what!?!!!" Amazement was clear in his eyes this time.

"This means may Allah reward you with the best too. You should pray the same thing for me. It's polite." I explained to him.

"Say that again." Oh so he was curious to learn that! So I happily divided that line into syllables so that he can learn it. He repeated with me for a couple of times but couldn't memorize the whole line at once.

"Wa Anti what????"

"Never mind. Just say 'Wa Iyyak' instead. It would be easier for you."

"Woah woah woah! Wait a minute. Now what does that supposed to mean?"

"This just means 'Same to you.'"

"Nice! Wa iyyak. Yep that's easier. But promise you'll teach me that later." He claimed.

I never felt so awkward in my whole life. I can't even talk to guys properly. How can I promise him that?

"Umm ok, if Allah wills." I murmured gazing down, "Allah Hafez. I gotta go."

"Sure, bye!"

This guy doesn't even bid goodbye in the name of Allah....

Zawad's P.O.V.

At first I heard a penetrating scream in the road. And then I saw her running like crazy after a man, a thief probably.

Is she insane? How can she get hold of that guy? Rather she herself is gonna face an accident! I threw the coffee cup from my hand at once and ran after her.

The truth is with that light body of hers, somehow she was able both to stop that guy and in addition I must say slap him with her full force. Man, she really is something! Though her body was nothing heavy to that thug, she did far better than I thought what she could. Impressive! I quickly rushed to her to help. And the next moment was something tremendous.

I don't remember at all what she said. I can just recall her smile. She smiled at me! And she talked so nicely with me! It felt so good when she treated me like her little student who knows nothing at all.

That smile! I haven't been able to remove that scene from my head since then. What the heck did she do to me? She's a pious girl. I shouldn't think of her in any dirty way. My luck has gotta no chance there.

That night I rummaged through facebook like an insane and finally found her. Shayba Ahmed. University of Engineering. Department of Architecture. Batch 2017 which means four years younger than me. It must be her. The profile had no photo of her as public which I can see. Just some meaningless natural or animated photos in the cover page, sometimes there are some pictures regarding verses from Quran or Hadith too. But at last I could find a profile photo of a girl in hijab with a backpack on her shoulder, turning her back to the camera. It must be her. Girl,why the heck do you need to set that as a profile picture if you don't show your face?????

But to be honest it suits her character even more perfectly. As far as I know her, she isn't someone who'll let anyone know her details that easily.

I sent her a request and then fell asleep thinking about today's incident. Geez! She is different.

Shayba's P.O.V.

At night after studying I sat with my laptop and log into facebook. My news feed is full as I haven't used it for a week. I see a couple of friend requests mostly from the students of my department. Why do they send request without even getting introduced to me? I don't even know most of them. I never accept requests from girls whom I don't know, let alone boys.

Though I barely post my photos, but why will I allow a non mahram to see any of my posts? It feels like your privacy gets snatched away and ruins your own introverted life. So I accept only the requests from Nadia and Biva and left the rest without doing anything.

While going to quit,I see a request from a guy named Zawad Abir Khan. I see his picture and immediately recognize him. He is that senior I collided with that day. And he is the one who dropped me off at the hall and helped me get my iPhone back. Well, yes, I'm thankful to him for cooperating me but noooo....!!! Why has he sent me a friend request? I can't accept that!

Oh gosh is he gonna abase me again for not accepting his request? Well sorry man, I can't let a non mahram see my posts....