Chapter-32 : She who matters

Zawad's P.O.V.

I came out of the first year room after taking a class on CAD drafting in the afternoon at 4. As scheduled, I am supposed to go to the general store for some groceries now as I am slowly learning how to cook. Obviously mom or anyone else does not know about this because, well, let's just say, I am ashamed to admit it to them. Hence my only teacher is YouTube who taught me last week cooking rice in a rice cooker after several attempts of failure, little explosions and smearing on my whole body.

So as planned, I walked to my car and unlocked it with the key remote in my hand. There has been constructional work going on in the architectural building for the past few weeks, and needless to say my car was dipped all over by the pile of sands and cement powder. Damn! I gotta clean it up again.

"Zawad Sir!"
I turned around to see an unknown newbie's face who came running to me. It's been almost one month of my job, but I'm still trying to remember all my students' names and faces.
"Yes?"
"Sir, I didn't understand this topic you said at last,"she opened her lecture copy and showed me some figures which I drew on the board."Here,"she began to blabber her problems without any fullstop in her sentences.

"Wait, wait, let me explain," Geez! Way too serious in studies. I laughed inwardly and started illustrating my class lecture to her again when my unpremeditated eyes fell on Shayba who was coming out of her class with a pile of papers in her one hand and her phone in the other.

As she walked out sharing an animated conversation in the phone, I looked down at the notebook for once but my eyes again spontaneously shot up only to freeze with horror to find a metal shovel falling from the roof of the construction site.

"SHAYBAA MOOOVE!!!"I screamed my lungs out.
As if trying to choke me up, she immediately ceased in her place staring at me surprisingly and before I could breathe and scream again,the shovel hit her head.

"SHAYBAAAA!!!!"I threw the notebook from my hand and ran towards her with all my strength as her fragile body fell unconscious on the pavement. Her friends standing nearby approached quickly trying to hold her brittle figure from falling.

"Shayba can you hear me??"was the first thing I heard when I reached there.

"Shaybaa are you alright?!"my breathing quickened.
"Shayba!"
"She has fainted! Someone bring some water!"Nirza shouted.
"Oh my God! She is bleeding!"Nadia screamed.
"Her head is hurt!"
"Don't pour water! She needs stitch!"
"We need to take her to the hospital! Someone please call the ambulance!!" everyone kept shouting with all the medical sense they had telling what to do and what not while I just froze staring at her closed eyes.

Tearing from the trance I was experiencing, I stood up at once and ordered, "Wait right here! I'm bringing my car."

"Yes sir."they all nodded.

Running like crazy I brought my car and in no time she was carried inside by her friends and I was driving towards the nearest hospital with an unconscious Shayba and the girls in the back and one of her male classmates beside me. Some duas I never knew that I remembered were automatically being recited in my mind. I was sweating anxiously and praying with all my heart and soul that she wakes up hale and hearty. Whatever they were speaking about in the car did not pass through my ears as my head only recalled the name of Allah and focused on driving instead.

As soon as we reached the entrance of the emergency section, my car came to a halt as I ran into the hospital enjoined with my students."It's an emergency!! We need a doctor!! A female doc!!"I don't know why and how it came out of my mouth but it was obvious that Shayba would not prefer a male in her room even when she is unconscious.