Chapter-26 : Stunned

Shayba's P.O.V.

My first day in home was officially ruined by all my family members' joint endeavors, but the latter ones have been really awesome. I caught up with my school friends and spent a quality time with them.

Most important thing is, Annaba got chance in her ever dreamt medical college Alhumdulillah! It was now time for us to share every moment of this month together and revel to the fullest. As she is soon going to move to her hostel, I and Nawsheen tried our best to do everything we can in our limits so that she doesn't start bewailing over her uncertain future.

To be honest, the fact that she is going completely turned into the consummation of all the members of our family as it suddenly hit them that they too are getting older with her. Our little Annaba is not little anymore. She is going to live by her own from now on. She needs to cook by herself, wash all her clothes by herself, sweep the floor by herself and many more to come. There won't be helping hands with her as she has now at home. In our house, she is the one who gets pampered and cared the most, even when it's unnecessary. She is someone who always jumps around like a kid and seeks for everyone's attention. So it's natural to dread over the fact that shortly she is going to pass through all the chores that she never for once in her life did by herself.

Hence being a responsible elder sister, I had to take her to shopping, visiting theme parks, then shopping again, giving treats in all the new restaurants in town where she never went before and then shopping again. She pretended as if she was going to die within one month and therefore needed to fulfill her every single wish in such a small period. Pampered she is, mom and dad immediately said yes to her every request. Whining for one whole month, she even acquired an iPhone10 from Bhaiya who was uttermost pestered with her whimpering.

I just keep looking at her and sometimes think if she is really my sibling or not. I mean how can she be so different from me? I can't even ask for a single penny from my mom without stammering embarrassingly. And on the other side, she keeps nagging to mom and dad until her self-interest is gained.

So now being done with all my duties towards her, I can sigh in relief and rave in rapture. It's finally time for my picnic! Woohooo!!

I equipped my luggage according to the list I made weeks ago. To be honest I really was in need of mom's help for doing this job accurately but the fact that we are not in good terms at all since our meeting with Mr. Siam, I never for once asked her for her help, neither did she came to help me out.

I don't know what on earth made this guy say Yes to this marriage. He not only said Yes but also said to mom that he was keen on waiting for my answer hoping that it would be a Yes from my side too. From where did he get such inspiration to marry me? My father's wealth? Well there is no way I'm going to bring dowries with me if you want so!

Obviously I haven't fulfilled his wish yet for which mom still is lecturing me to change my mind and act rational to agree to this marriage. She is awaiting for that eagerly as she thinks her wish would be fulfilled soon so that she can inform his family my final answer several days later. Well, keep waiting guys.

Now I'm in the bus with all my friends and department students heading to Coxs' Bazar. Leaning on the window with eyes on the road, thinking about the circumstances going on in my life while others are nonchalantly screaming, playing guitar, singing, taking selfies and what not. I don't have that kind of temper at all now.

In my mind, subconsciously I kept perplexing over the last proposal which has the sliiiiightest bit possibility of being the last one in my life too, only if I nod my head up and downwards once. Because my whole family appreciated this guy at a single glance. Mom thinks he is the perfect Prince Charming for me while unfortunately dad and Bhaiya are in favour of her.