Chapter-18 : Recompense

Shayba's P.O.V.

"Wake up Shayba!! It's 7:30 already!! We need to go down to have breakfast! Now!!!"

I opened my eyes in horror and sat on the bed in one jump. Oh Allah I need to get ready!

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I cried.

"You looked so cute while sleeping in messy hair that I just couldn't heehee." she chuckled.

"I can't believe this! Are you crazy???" yelling I thrust into the washroom to get ready and in fifteen minutes we were downstairs waiting for the other two of our team.

"Have they waken up??"I asked with concern.

"Sure. Zawad bhai called me at sharp 7 and asked to come down for breakfast."

"Then where is he now?" before I could finish my sentence, both the guys approached us gasping, "Assalamu Alaikum ladies. What's up?"

"Walaikumus Salam. Where did you two go?" Medha apu asked being surprised.

"We just had a morning walk by the Seine and now are hungry like crazy. Let's eat now, what say?"

"Haaah!!" I cried in jealousy,"WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS BOTHER TO TAKE ME ALONG WITH YOU????"

"Why would we?"Rafsan bhai replied, "You would have walked for five minutes and then start complaining that your legs are sore and you can't walk anymore because you are your daddy's little princess who never travels without her car! And then nag like crazy to come back to the hotel immediately and bla bla bla. Huh, not happening kid!"

Hearing him Medha apu and Zawad bhai started laughing hysterically and said, "Exactly!! She always does this! Hahhahahaa!" I sulked as my jaw dropped, "When did I ever say so???"

"Haven't said yet, but how long will it take?"Rafsan bhai huffed.

"You are cruel! I never act like this!" I tried to defend myself.

They all laughed sarcastically at me and being the youngest one, I had nothing else to protest but pout. Okay, maybe for once, I acted like because my legs hurt. But that didn't happen everytime, did it?

At sharp 10, it was the quarter final round. We all took our seats in the certain table and got our question. There are 50 theoretical questions that have to be answered in one hour. The team that answers most of them correctly will go to the semi final. I looked at the question nervously starting to think what I could do for my team where Zawad bhai already started to answer one.

"I'm doing no. 50. Medha, you try to write the previous one. And you two discuss what you can do."Zawad bhai ordered while still writing in his copy. But no. 50? Why 50 at the beginning? I looked at the question astonishingly and then the mark beside it. 100 marks?!?! Are you crazy!?! How can be a single question worth this many marks? Anyway, I don't have time to ponder over that. I have to focus on what I can do now.

"Yes, Bhaiya." we all agreed.

I thanked Allah again and again when I saw some horrible theoretical problems from my syllabus. Yes these are tough but I have to do it. Anyhow! Quickly dividing the problems among all of us, we focused on writing.

After an hour, the answer copies were snatched away from our hands. As I couldn't complete the last one, I felt like crying in an instant. Coming out of the hall, Medha apu tapped my shoulder,"It's alright. We have done enough. Let's see how much we answered." She took out the question paper. I and Rafsan bhai wrote 5 questions per person where she solved 3. And the truth is Zawad bhai completed only one question in this freaking hour. The most bloodcurdling tough one that none of us had ever heard of. Only Allah knows if he did it right or wrong. If he could, then it's a jackpot! It worth so much after all!