Chapter-30 : New Year, New Him

Shayba's P.O.V.

"Quick Shayba! The class is going to start!"
"Just one minute! Let me wrap my hijab."
"You don't want to get late in your first class of this year, do you?"
"No I don't!"

After another minute of hustle and bustle, I and Nadia came out of our room running towards our new classroom. That betrayer Farhana has left earlier today so that she can occupy a nice place in the back to sit on.

As soon as I reached the room, I could see students responding to the roll call already. I halted before the door and asked loudly, breathing hard,"May I come in Sir?" I shifted my eyes to the teacher with a pleading look when they burst into horror seeing a way too familiar face instead.

ZAWAD BHAI!?!?!

WHAT THE........!!! WHAT IS HE DOING HERE???

"No. You're late. Stand outside."he calmly uttered.

"WHATTTTT????"I couldn't abstain from yelling.

He turned to the class,"Let me be clear on my first day. I want each of you to be present here in the class before me. I may allow you for ten minutes more but that's it. You'll then have to stand by the window and note down the lecture from there. Do you two get that?"he calmly said with a stern look at us.

Wait a minute. Why is he acting like this??? He is the teacher??????
HOWWWW?!?
Hey! Is this some kind of drama going on???? Why did he tell me to stand outside? He is expelling me on the first day?!? ME?? Who prayed for him all along these days?!? How cruel!!

I couldn't move a muscle being flabbergasted as hundreds of questions appeared in my head. My jaw was hurting by now for dropping about a feet. But then suddenly a pull on my back by Nadia broke my thoughts. She was trying to make me move to the window. I kept staring at him with my eyes dilated but his attention was back to the class already as he began to write something on the board.
I quickly shifted my position beside Nadia and gradually happiness flooded me.

Now came the turn of my laughter in hysterics. I have got insane for sure. My heart filled with an unuttered and unusual happiness for him leaving my eyes automatically glistened. I looked at Nadia as she gave me a glare,"Why are you so happy for standing out? I got late for you too. God! You were so shy when you first came here."

"Nads, he became our teacher!! The Lecturer! Oh my goodness! Can you imagine this?!"I was grinning like crazy by now.

"Why wouldn't I? This year they took four faculty members anyway. Two permanent and two temporary. He is a temporary one."

"Seriously? Why didn't I hear that before? I heard they'll take two in total!"

"Nope. You are always busy searching for your groom and then rejecting them. How would you know what's going on in the campus?"

"Hey! First of all, that's my mom's job! And secondly, you......."

"If you two keep talking like this, I may have to suspend you for a week." Zawad bhai, oops my bad, Zawad Sir suddenly stated. Haha! Sir! Even this word swirls me up! How will we call him Sir? He is our brother!

"Sorry." we both uttered, but with different emotions, Nadia with guilt, and I, don't know why, but with shameless mirth. Even seeing the way of his talking as a lecturer made my heart jump in exhilaration. Alhumdulillah! His dream came true. And Masha-Allah he is looking sooo... Astagfirullah! What am I even thinking?!

Stop it Shayba. You don't want to get involved in any Haram activities , do you? I scolded myself.

It was forty minutes later when the class finally finished. My excitement had been befuddled by now that turned into boredom for standing outside till now. He took his notes and pen from the table and came out.