#55: Bonnie & Clyde At The Border

KaydinxAshton

LOVE CAN BE A DANGEROUS THING. IT could be a reason to live, a reason to kill, or a reason to die. Bonnie and Clyde for example, they thieved together because they loved each other and had each other's backs. Always.

***

ASHTON FLOORED THE GAS AND SOON they had lost the cops that had been on their tail. He laughed, whooping and whistling loudly.

"Yeah, baby! Six million worth of diamonds! And it's all ours!" Kaydin cheered.

Ashton glanced at her as she stuck half her body out the passenger window cheering and screaming in joy. They had begun their lifestyle a few months back. Ashton was working for some big time CEO and had caught Kaydin, who had been the maid, trying to walk out with a set of jewels.

Instead of stopping her, he had taken one look into her eyes and just knew she was the one. So he helped her get out, they ran and they never looked back.

He pulled into the motel they had been staying at and parked swiftly. They hopped out of the rent-a-car and hurried into their room. Kaydin was giggling and starting to strip away her clothes.

Ashton sat at the table by the windows and drew the curtains shut. Lighting up a cigarette, he kicked his feet up onto the table. Kaydin was completely nude by then and was rubbing the diamonds all over her stomach and chest.

These last few days, Ashton had had a sour feeling in his gut. It was as if he was coming off a high and no amount of money or jewels they stole could bring him back up. Kaydin tiptoed over to him and sat in his lap.

"Are we hitting that bank tomorrow?" she asked.

Ashton slid off the chair, causing Kaydin to land on her tush. He sat at the foot of one of the beds and puffed his cigarette.

"What's your problem? Did I do something?" asked Kaydin, grabbing a robe.

"Something's not right, Kay. The vibes are off." said Ashton.

Kaydin tied the robe off and sat beside him, "You're just being paranoid."

"I'm serious, Kay." said Ashton.

"So, no bank?"

"I don't think so." said Ashton.

"Wha... What?" Kaydin crossed her arms, "But this is us. This is what we do."

"Something's gonna happen. I can feel it." said Ashton.

"Oh, come on, Ashton. I'll tell you what, just this last one. Just this one and then we can move to Barbados for all I care." Kaydin laughed.

Ashton looked at her hard, looked into those eyes that had made him swoon. He smiled and kissed her softly, "Alright, just this last one. Then Barbados."

The next day, Ashton still had the sour feeling but they had successfully robbed the bank. They were rushing to the car with their cash when sirens went off everywhere.

Ashton slammed his door shut and started cursing up a storm. It was a set up, of course it was a fucking set up. It had been way too easy. He should have known.

Speeding away, Ashton could feel his heart beating out of his chest. They were too many cops on them.

"We have to get the the U. S./Mexico border. We've got to disappear." he shouted.

"We should've just went to Barbados. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Kaydin was crying.

Hours into the chase, they were almost to the border. They were almost home free. Then the guns started going off. There were so many holes in the car that it was nearly falling apart. The last thing Ashton saw were Kaydin's eyes staring back at him.

***

"LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER BONNIE AND CLYDE case to me." the detective said, looking over Kaydin and Ashton's bodies.

His partner laughed aloud, "Bonnie and Clyde At The Border. I can see it in the papers now."

The detective shook his head, "The things people do for love, hey?"

Fin.