#43: Adventurers

BlazexZayn

BLAZE AND ZAYN LOVED ADVENTURE almost as much as they loved each other. They were even married at the foot of Mount Everest.

Today was just like any other day; a new day for a new adventure. So they decided to take a hike in the mountains near their house, but Blaze always got too close to the edge.

She was so enthusiastic and Zayn loved it, but not when her life was in danger. They had made it to the top and stood looking at the view from a cliff.

Blaze smiled at Zayn and rushed toward the edge of the cliff,"I can get closer if you wanna dare me."

"Come on, Babe. You're too far out, you might fall." said Zayn.

"Come on, Zayn." Blaze whined.

"Another time. You can't right now, it's too dangerous." said Zayn.

"Okay." Blaze sighed, going to step back from the edge.

Then there was a crack, and all Zayn saw was the terror on her face as she realized what had happened. Then he heard her scream. He immediately grabbed the rope that had been tied around her, but he was sliding on his stomach. He painfully secured his foot in a crack and was looking down at her.

"Zayn, pull me up! Pull me up!" she screamed.

Zayn tried to move but let out a sound of pain. Then he sighed because he knew what he had to tell her,"Babe, calm down. I... I can't."

"You can't? What do you mean?" asked Blaze.

"Well, I'm pretty sure my foot is broken, and if I get up, I can't brace on anything with a broken foot. I'll just fall." said Zayn.

The rope was giving up, Zayn could hear it. Blaze saw it and let out a whimper. Zayn knew what had to be done. They couldn't stay this way forever.

"I-I'm going to let go. We'll fall together." said Zayn.

Blaze sobbed softly, gripping the rope, but she nodded,"We're adventurers. Right till the very end."

"To die with you, would be an awful big adventure." said Zayn, tearing.

He unhooked his foot and began to slide slowly. Then they were falling. Before they fell too far, he gathered her in his arms and kissed her head.

They whispered goodbyes right when their bodies broke against the rocks.

Fin.