#59: Move Like This

KaydinxAshton

KAYDIN WAS THE CAPTAIN OF THE COBRAS CHEER TEAM. They were known for actually not being the best squad out there. People found them boring and lackluster. Then, a boy transferred to her school and suddenly everything was different.

Kaydin was counting out the steps for her squad one day at practice, "Looking good guys. Smile. Let's run it again."

"Seriously? Can we not? We've been doing this routine since Freshmen year. No amount of practice is going to make this stiff old people's dance look any better." said Icis.

"I'm the captain. So if I say run it again, we run it again. Now go, five, six, seven, and eight." Kaydin clapped.

When practice ended, Kaydin stayed back for a moment to think about their routine and the cheer championships. She knew they weren't getting better. She knew that they had to incorporate some new moves, but the truth was that she wasn't comfortable with her body. So she choreographed stiff routines that she could do. It was pathetic and unfair.

"She was right, you know?" a voice said from the bleachers.

Kaydin turned at the Aussie accent and saw a tall guy with brown hair looking down at her, "Excuse me?"

"That girl was right. No amount of practice will make that routine look any better. You all look as if you've all had hip replacements and can't move certain ways." he said.

"I'm sorry, and who are you?" Kaydin scoffed.

"Ashton Irwin, former captain of the All-Boys cheer team, the Koalas." he smiled, heading down toward her.

"The Koalas? Oh my God, you guys are legends." said Kaydin.