#31: Rich Man

BlazexZayn

"I LOVE HIM, DADDY!" YELLED BLAZE.

"He works at a lumber yard! A lowly woodcutter!" yelled Mr. Sawyer.

"I don't care!" yelled Blaze.

"Blaze, you know me and your father just want the best for you!" said Mrs. Sawyer.

"So the best for me is to ruin my laughed?!" Blaze laughed sarcastically, slamming down a book.

Zayn sat outside Blaze's father's office. He shook his head despairingly. Her parents were right, he wanted something better for her as well. But he couldn't let go just like that. He rose to his feet and walked to the door.

"We're not trying to do that!" yelled Mr. Sawyer,"We just want to make sure you'll be okay."

"You mean you want me to marry a rich man?! One who's money you can steal and use just because it's partly mine?! I don't want a rich man! Zayn is all the man I need!" yelled Blaze, crying.

"You will never see him again." said Mrs. Sawyer firmly.

"I will! I am eighteen-years-old, I can make my own decisions!" yelled Blaze.

"I won't allow it!" said Mrs. Sawyer.

Then Zayn walked in,"I'm sorry to interrupt."

"Zayn, baby." Blaze ran into his arms.

"Mr. and Mrs. Sawyer, I understand what you're getting at, but I love your daughter." said Zayn.

"You're teenagers. You know nothing about love." said Mr. Sawyer.

"Please. I am not a rich man, but I can support her. I have a house where we can live and enough money in my savings for a wedding." said Zayn, his voice shaking.

"Wedding?!" Mrs. Sawyer stood.

Blaze held out her last hand,"We're engaged. I belong to him now and you can't do anything."

Mr. and Mrs. Sawyer were speechless.

"My things have been moved to my house. I love you both very much and if you love me you'll accept my decisions." said Blaze.

Mrs. Sawyer had tears in her eyes. Mr. Sawyer had no words. His face was pale.

"I pray that you both come to the wedding. It's on Valentine's day." said Zayn.

They left and didn't come back. On their wedding day, Blaze's parents sat proudly amongst the family and friends in the pews.

Fin.