#15: Crush

KaydinxTate

KAYDIN'S DAD, JOHNNY, DECIDED TO MOVE INTO THIS new house. She'd heard stories about this place. She told Icis about the house, but she didn't believe her. Kaydin knew something was wrong with this place. If her mom, Katy, were still alive, she'd believe her.

***

One day, she walked downstairs into the kitchen. She was looking at her phone, then glanced up when she saw movement. She froze, dropping her phone and looking up very slowly. There was a woman standing by the kitchen window.

She looked so much like,"Mom?" Kaydin whispered.

Slowly, the woman turned and smiled warmly at her. It was Katy; it was her mom. Just then, behind her a voice spoke,"Hey."

She turned quickly almost bumping into this person; a cute guy with blonde hair. She looked back and her mom was gone.

"Who are you?" asked Kaydin, very distracted and very irritated.

"Oh," Cute Blonde said,"You can see me?"

"Yeah, who are you? What are you doing in my house?" asked Kaydin.

"I'm Tate, and you're in my house." he smiled.

"What?!" Kaydin was confused as she looked around the kitchen desperately.

"I know you've heard stories about this place. I heard you telling your twin sister; we have twins here too by the way," Tate smiled,"But anyways, those stories are all true."

That got Kaydin's attention,"I was right?"

"Yeah. Nice to meet you, I'm Tate, I'm dead. We should hook up." he smiled.

Kaydin laughed at that. They spent a lot of time together after that. She saw her mom all the time. Turned out her mom's spirit was attached to her because she was the only one who still thought of her constantly. Of course, no one believed her, but she didn't care.

She had her mom and Tate, that's all that mattered to her currently. One day, they were sitting on Kaydin's bed. Katy had left to go check on Johnny in his study downstairs. She loved watching him work.

Tate looked over at Kaydin,"Close your eyes."

"Why?" asked Kaydin.

"I want to try something." said Tate.

"Um, okay." Kaydin closed her eyes.

Her heart exploded in her chest when she felt Tate kiss her, French kiss her.

She pulled away,"What was that for?"

"I have...What are they called? Crushes, right? Yeah, I have a crush on you." said Tate.

She smiled, kissing him again,"I have a crush on you too."

Fin.