#41: Death By Accident

IcisxMichael

ICIS SMILED AT MICHAEL. THAT WAS THE LAST THING she saw before the headlights. Now, she standing in the middle of a dark room. She knew she was unconscious. Then bright lights went on.

Two doors opened; one had her hospital room in it and the other had Paris. A man appeared before her and said,"Icis, you have a choice. You can go home, or you can go to Paris. You decide."

He disappeared and Icis smiled. Well, of course she would choose Paris. She had always wanted to live in Paris since she was a little girl. This was a lovely dream. She stepped into and the door slammed shut behind her. She looked at the Eiffel Tower and all the couples milling about. The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. It was paradise.

"Help!" Michael yelled.

Icis' heart rate had just went flat. Nurses and doctors rushed in and started to work on her. They tried to revive her, but she was gone. Michael hit the wall and cried,"Icis!"

Icis was just about to go up the Eiffel Tower when she heard Michael's voice,"Michael?"

She thought she heard him on the other side of the door. She ran to it and tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge.

"Michael!" she yelled.

She didn't know it, but when she yelled, her heart rate jumped. Michael went to grip her hand,"Icis! Come back! Baby, come back!"

"Michael? Michael!" Icis yelled.

"You can't go back." a voice said behind her.

Icis turned and saw the man from earlier,"What?!"

"You chose your path. It was either your life, or your paradise. You chose." the man said as a huge screen appeared, showing her at the hospital and Michael crying.

"No. No! This isn't what I wanted! I thought I was dreaming! This isn't what I wanted! No! No!" Icis banged on the door.

"You chose." the man disappeared.

She hit the door again,"No! I want to go back! Send me back! Please! Michael!"

She hit the door again so hard that it cracked. She gasped and hit it harder. She hit it one last time,"Michael!" and it broke.

"Icis." she heard Michael's voice above her.

Fin.