None of us say anything and scoot over to the spot Jospeh was in. I bring my knees to my chest, neither of us saying anything. Sawyer scratches the back of his head.

"We ordered pizza." He starts.

"An apology pizza?" I blurt out and close my mouth quickly. I didn't mean to say that. To sit here and expect Sawyer to apologize for treating my like trash the past couple of weeks is a stretch.

Sawyer seems taken back by my words.

"No." He harshly answers.

"Sawyer." Jospeh's voice reprimands from the outside of the tent and I hide my smile. How the tables have turned, the little brother scolding the older brother.

"Faire chier." Sawyer mumbles in French. I can't help but quietly laugh and Sawyer snaps his head to me. Surprisingly he smiles. "Lola taught me." He admits. She taught him how to say 'piss off'. I'm pretty sure his obnoxious ads asked her to teach him all curse words.

"Is everything okay?" I question, testing the waters.

"It's fine. He just wants me to apologize for how I've been behaving." Sawyer rolls his eyes.

How genuine of him...

"Right." I look away. He's not even putting in any effort.

"Are you okay?" I question. He nods and I just know he isn't okay. "Are you sure?" I question further.

"Like I said, fine." He brushes off my question and I hear Jospeh hit the side of the tent where Sawyer is.

"Be nice." Jospeh comments and smacks the tent hitting Sawyer in the head.

"You really think I enjoy this, don't you? This infatuation of mine, the oh so horrible thing of needing to know you're okay. I know you can hurt me in a way no one else can or will ever be able to."

"I don't know what to tell you. If caring about me is such a fucking burden then stop. It doesn't help either of us." He shrugs.

"I can't!" My voice rises, "that's what kills me the fact that you can just say something like that just shows how much of an ignorant ass you are and lack the knowledge of knowing what kind of power you have over me." I shut my mouth again, not wanting to admit the last part to him but it's already out.

Sawyers eyes stay steady on mine as he takes in my words. I don't have to take this. He can sleep in the tent and I can sleep inside. Besides I brought the tent out here to stay away from him but since he's here might as well leave.

"I don't have to take this." I mumble and leave. I'm thankful Jospeh isn't around. I see him talking to Avery inside.

Sawyers right on my heel. "Opal." He says but I don't bother turning. Whatever he has to say won't be good.

He grabs my arm and twists me around.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, and he offers me his hand.

"Not at all." I reply as I take his hand. "But hey, what can go wrong." I shrug. And in an instant we're engulfed in darkness.

"Where are we?" I question. Sawyer intertwines my hands in his as he pulls me to follow him.

"You want to see your parents?" He questions and I nod.

"But no one can see me." I frown. He gives me a thoughtful look before smiling.

"Leave that to me. We just have to wait until you come out from inside." He says and we hide behind a bush.

"You have to go to the side of the house." Sawyer pushes me to the side of the house and I hide there by myself.

It's weird to be home before leaving to Whits house for the summer. If only I can stop them from going. I would be home right now wishing my life were exciting. But here I am.