Chapter 37

* Catherine *

As hard as I tried I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks as I stared into the deep emerald pools that were Jesse's eyes.

All of the intense emotions that had been coursing through my veins since showing up at Jesse's house earlier had finally gotten the better of me, I couldn't keep any of it in any longer as the words started to spew from my lips.

'Yes you jackass! I was scared! I am scared! It scared me how much it hurt thinking about you with that blonde bitch! It scares me how much it hurts to think about you with any girl! Fuck it scares me the most to think about how much it will hurt when you finally get to know the real me and you leave!' I shouted as my tears continued to pour down my face.

Before I could say anything more I felt Jesse's strong arms wrap around my waist as he pulled my trembling body close to his chest, the next thing I felt were his lips crashing into mine.

Jesse kissed me with such passion and such need that my legs went weak beneath me and if he wasn't holding me up I knew for sure I would've fallen to the ground.

Jesse's tongue pressed urgently at my lips, begging for permission to enter my mouth, I quickly granted his request and as our tongues collided a deep groan rumbled from deep in his throat.

Suddenly Jesse pulled away and cupped both of my cheeks in his hands as his eyes met mine in an intense gaze.

'Don't you dare ever cry over me princess, do you hear me? he asked fiercely.

I didn't trust myself to speak so I just nodded my head slightly.

'Promise me' he growled.

'Only if you promise never to give me anything to cry about' I whispered.

He studied me intently for a few moments before he leaned in and kissed my lips softly.

'I promise' he said under his breath as he rested his forehead against mine.

Jesse held me tight and stroked my hair as I melted into his arms and sobbed quietly.

I felt drained. I felt both physically and mentally exhausted.

It was a good ten minutes before I finally got my emotions in check. After wiping away the few remaining tears I pulled back slightly and looked up into those big, seemingly endless green pools.

'Jesse' I said softly.

'Yes princess' he replied as his rough fingers stroked my cheeks tenderly.

'I'm wasted' I hiccuped as the effects of all the alcohol and drugs I'd consumed in a relatively short space of time started to hit me... hit me hard.

'I know' he chuckled softly as he took my hand and led me back towards his car.

He opened the passenger side door and helped me into the car before he jogged around to the drivers side and climbed in.

Turning on the car radio I quickly found a station playing some semi decent dance music. Satisfied with the beat pumping in my ears I leaned my head back against the seat. I closed my eyes and got lost in the colourful sparks that flashed and danced before in front of me.

I was so lost in my drug induced light show and enjoying the feeling of the fuzzy car seat against my bare skin that I hadn't realised that the car had stopped.

'Where are we green eyes?' I can't let my dad see me like this' I giggled as I watched Jesse climb out of the car and walk around and open my door.

'Don't worry princess, I've got you remember' he smiled as he held out his hand which I happily took. I couldn't help but shudder at the contact of his hand holding mine.

Jesse led me to the front door as I fumbled in my purse for my keys.

He just smiled down at me as he opened the door.

'Are you a wizard,' I whispered realising the door had opened but my keys were still in my hand.

'Yes princess.. I'm a wizard' he chuckled quietly as he led me down a vaguely familiar hallway and into a bedroom.

Once the door was closed and locked behind us he finally turned on the light.

'Damn' I squinted against the brightness as I looked around to see dozens and dozens of trophies and medals line the bedroom walls.

'Sorry Princess' Jesse said 'just let me get a change of clothes and find you something to wear and then I'll turn it off ok'.

'This isn't my room' I said scrunching my nose as my eyes continued to squint at the brightness.

'No baby, it's my room' he replied.

'That makes more sense, because I couldn't remember winning all of those medals' I giggled as I kicked my shoes off before I walked over and collapsed on his bed.

'Uhh ahh' he tisked 'not until you change' he continued as he pulled me up off the bed and began rummaging through his closet.

'Fine' I pouted as I tried to stop myself from swaying.

'Jeez you went all out tonight girl' I mused to myself as I focused on trying not to fall flat on my ass.

'Here, this should do' Jesse said handing me a baggy T-shirt of his.

'Thanks' I replied with a drunken smile as I undid the zip of my dress and let it fall to the floor.

'Uhh.. Catherine' Jesse gulped with wide eyes.

'Hmm' I mumbled a little confused by his expression.

'You.. are..' he said, stumbling over his words as his eyes flickered over my body.

'Huh' I mumbled again following his line of sight as I suddenly realised what he was talking about.

I was standing in front of him wearing nothing but a pair of black lace boy cut panties.

'Nothing you haven't seen before' I grinned mischievously before pulling his shirt on over my head and collapsing onto his bed once more.

'Ahem' he coughed trying to clear his throat 'I... uh.. I guess I better let you get some sleep then' he said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck before he turned to leave.

'Jesse' I said softly, stopping him before he could open the door.

'Hmm' he grumbled.

'Please stay' I begged giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

'You're sure?' He asked uncertainly.

'Yes' I smiled as I held my hand out towards him.

'I just can't seem to say no to you princess' he sighed as he turned the bedroom light off and climbed into bed next to me.

I happily snuggled into his warm body, my head resting comfortably on his chest as he wrapped a strong arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head.

'Jesse' I whispered.

'Yes princess' he replied as he trailed a rough hand up and down my arm.

'You're a good guy' I hiccuped as my eyes got heavy and I slowly drifted off to sleep.