Chapter 29

* Catherine Continued *

I was so focused on watching the blonde haired girl leave that I hadn't noticed Jesse had walked up and slid into the drivers side seat.

'Princess, you getting in?' he asked calmly but I could tell he was trying to keep his emotions intact.

I just shrugged my shoulders, not trusting my mouth to speak. My head was swirling with so many different questions I couldn't think straight.

Who was she?

How did they know each other?

Did they have a past?

Why did she have to be so damn stunning?

Was that his girlfriend?

Why was her ass so perfect?

Why was a Jesse so obviously mad?

Why the fuck does seeing Jesse with another girl bother me so much?

'Fuck' I groaned as I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples, trying to gather my thoughts.

I almost jumped as I felt Jesse standing in front of me, once again I hadn't noticed that he had climbed out of the car and was now leaning into my body. He had placed both muscular arms on either side of me with his hands pressed firmly onto the hood of the car.

'Princess' Jesse growled, his voice suddenly deep and husky, he was so close to me that his lips grazed my ear as he spoke.

His heated breath along my neck caused goosebumps to rise across my skin and my mind to suddenly still. All I could think about was him. In that moment I realised I desperately wanted to feel his lips on mine. To have his strong arms grip my body and push me against the car door... hard.

The fantasy in my head sent a jolt of electricity straight between my legs that was that intense I don't think I would have cared if Jesse took me right here in the middle of the school car park.

'Mmmm' I mumbled as I tried to push my sexually charged thoughts out of my mind.

'Get. In' he growled again. If Jesse had any idea about the effect he had on me right now he didn't show it. He just pulled away and climbed back inside the car without another word.

Grudgingly I hopped into the car beside him, noticing his incredibly sullen attitude my lustful desires from only minutes ago all but disappeared and my mind wandered back to what I saw at the school gates earlier.

I had so many things I wanted to ask him but after he had been so considerate and hadn't even so much as tried to ask me a single question these last four weeks, I knew I needed to return the favour.

I knew I at least owed him that.

As Jesse started the car I sat back in the my seat and crossed my arms all the while staring out of the window, willing the deep seated pit of jealously that was bubbling in my stomach to disappear. Hell Jesse and I weren't together, I had no right to be jealous and if he wasn't going to give me an explanation than that was fine by me.

Well, actually it wasn't. The not knowing was really starting to piss me off, but like I said I owed him his privacy.

Besides if the blonde haired beauty was actually his girlfriend why would he have spent basically every night these past four weeks sleeping at my place? This thought placated me somewhat, but it didn't ease the frown that was etched on my face.

Every now and then I glanced over at Jesse and noticed, that once again, he was in a foul mood. The usual clenching and unclenching of his jaw and the white knuckles had reappeared and I knew better than to ask.