Chapter 19

* Catherine *

I woke up after the best sleep I'd had in months.

After we'd made our way to my bed and having Jesse's strong arms wrapped tightly around me it didn't take long for me to drift off to sleep and after closing my eyes I was met with nothing but peace.

Just pure unadulterated sleep.

I don't know what it was, but laying there in his arms  made me feel safe, secure.. it was a feeling I hadn't experienced since Joe died.

Waking up I felt a rock hard and if I could hazard a guess, a very large object poking me in the back. I figured the safest option was to put as much distance between myself and temptation as I could, especially when temptation looked as fine as he did.

Before I could change my mind I quickly jumped out of bed to get ready for school.

As I ran to the bathroom I couldn't hide my grin after hearing the disappointed sigh echo behind me.

I went about my morning routine as usual, trying to ignore the fact that there was a sexy guy just casually laying in my bed.

A guy who had seen some of my darkness yet still chose to hang around. After my nightmare last night I thought for sure Jesse was going to run for the hills but he didn't, he didn't even question my little outburst and for that I was thankful.

As I stood in front of the bathroom mirror I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips.

'Don't do it. Don't do it' I repeated to myself over and over again although I wanted nothing more then to jump into my bed and do something about his morning wood, my little mantra must have helped because before long we were both sitting in Jesse's car making our way to school.

I'd spent half of my morning trying not to jump the guy and the other half dreading he would ask about what happened last night.

Thankfully the questions never came, he acted like what happened last night was completely normal and I wished I could tell him just how grateful I was for that.

We soon pulled into the schools car park and started to head towards the gate, but we didn't make it far when Scotty's big bulking frame appeared in front of us.

Scotty was a year older then I and a real jackass, his angry demeanour was almost as angry as his flaming red hair.

'What the fuck does he want? I muttered to myself knowing I hadn't gotten in his way lately.

'Shit' Jesse grumbled beside me, looking over I could see his hands ball into tight fists as he clenched his jaw.

'Ok, I'm guessing Jesse might know what this is about' I mused.

Before I could ask, the angry red head yelled in our direction.

'Does it make you feel like a big man picking on girls huh douche bag? He seethed.

'What the fuck is he on about?' I asked Jesse under my breath.

'I'm guessing I met his sister yesterday' he replied flatly through gritted teeth as he pushed my body protectively behind his while his body squared up to the slightly larger guy in front of him.

A group of students had gathered to watch whatever was about to unfold.

'Fucking pansy pretty boy' Scotty spat as he stepped up, getting right into Jesse's face.

'What the fuck did you say to me?' Jesse snarled, not stepping down.

At that moment I saw Scotty's fist come flying through the air. Without any thought or reason I pushed my body in front of Jesse, Scotty's fist landing squarely on my jaw causing me to stumble, Jesse grabbing onto me was the only thing that stopped me from hitting the ground.