Chapter 30

* Jesse *

I was walking out to my car after school, excited that it was finally the weekend but more importantly I was excited because I couldn't wait to see Catherine's beautiful face.

It had only been two hours since I saw her at lunch but those two hours seemed like an eternity.

Soppy I know.

It was crazy to think about what this mysteriously private and somewhat damaged girl was doing to me.

This thing between us was weirdly wonderful and intensely different to anything I'd ever felt before. So instead of trying to understand what was happening between us, I decided to stop fighting it and just enjoy the ride.

Over the past four weeks we had fallen into this comfortable arrangement, one that saw me spending my nights sleeping on her couch.

Although I would much rather spend my nights pressed firmly against her naked body, the couch would do.

For now.

After witnessing firsthand the horrors that torment her dreams, I didn't feel like I could just leave her each night to try and battle those demons all alone, I guess that's why I found myself sleeping on her couch. Well that's what I told myself before I fell asleep every night, when in reality she was the calming influence on me.

What surprised me most though, for someone so closed off and detached from most things around her, she didn't try and stop me from spending time with her, in fact in her own cutely unusual way she seemed to embrace it.

What was even more surprising was that I hadn't heard another terrified scream since that first night we had fallen asleep on the couch, which was oddly comforting.

I liked the thought that I was protecting her, that I was the one keeping her safe and with a lot of smugness I really enjoyed the fact that that dickhead Beau hadn't gone near her since the night I kicked him out of her house.

Until now.

I couldn't stop the huge grin from spreading across my lips as I stepped through the school gates and saw the raven haired beauty perched in her normal spot atop my car hood. Her ridiculously long and toned legs were crossed in front of her deliciously perfect body, the beaming sunlight causing her blue eyes to brighten as the wind whipped her silky black hair across her delicate cheekbones. Just the thought that this undeniably sexy girl was sitting there waiting just for me caused my pants to tighten.

Within a matter of seconds my dick softened just as quickly as my grin disappeared as I watched the scene before me. I saw that cocky douchebag saunter over towards Catherine with a smug look on his face, even from this distance I could tell he was checking her out. Just like it had that night in her house, the thought of him fucking her with eyes had my anger boiling within minutes. Before I could storm over there and interrupt his pathetic attempt at trying to get my girl a familiar voice caught my attention.

'Bub' I heard that sultry voice echo in my ear causing me to stop in my tracks and spin around in surprise.

'Sienna' I groaned at the unwelcome interruption as I shot an irritated glance her way. My eyes however, quickly returned to the encounter playing out over at my car.

As I watched Beau get closer and closer to Catherine I waited with bated breath for her to fire off and tell him where to go, I loved her fiery little mouth and I couldn't wait to see her put him in his place. Much to my disappointment though she seemed to be listening to him intently.

'Bub... don't be so rude. Haven't you missed me?' Sienna purred as she ran a manicured finger down my arm. I almost forgot the dumb bitch was here, why the fuck she was here I didn't know nor did I care to find out.