Chapter 16

* Jesse *

Fuck.

Why didn't I kiss her

I should've kissed her.

God I wanted so badly to kiss her.

Every fibre of my being needed to kiss the absolute fuck out of her.

I knew though if I had kissed her I wouldn't want to stop.

I was currently standing in her dark hallway, my head pressed against the wall, eyes closed trying to rid myself of the very obvious tent in my shorts.

'Fuck' I sighed, as I started opening cupboards looking for a towel, going through her house and belongings as if I'd done so a million times before.

It was weird the familiarity I felt going through her house like this, considering it was actually only the fourth time I'd been here.

But she didn't seem to mind.

Well at least I didn't think she did.

I quickly found a towel and made my way to the bathroom. I peeled off my wet, food stained clothes and threw them to the floor before jumping in the shower.

After scrubbing myself clean, I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried myself when I realised I didn't have anything to wear.

'Well I hope she wasn't serious about me sitting around in the nude' I thought with a wry smile as I wrapped the fluffy white towel around my waist and went searching for her.

'Catherine?' I called down the hall as I started to make my way back to the kitchen, but stopped quickly as I heard footsteps in her bedroom.

'In here' she called, confirming my assumption.

It only took a few quick strides and I was now standing in her doorway.

'Here you can...' her voice trailed off before she could finish her sentence, her eyes wide and her mouth left agape.

I watched on smugly as she was quite obviously checking out my half naked body.

And just like that she snapped out of her revere and continued to eye me intently.

'Dinner and a show huh?' She asked wickedly, not bothering to hide the cheeky grin that had formed on her lips nor the mischievous glint in her eyes.

Damn her confidence was sexy.

In fact every new little thing I learned about her was sexy.

'Ease up girl' I grinned 'I normally charge for this view' I continued on running my hands down my chest.

Her eyes followed my hands every move before she looked up at me with those big doe eyes.

'Well shit and here's me without any money... how will I possibly be able to pay you' she purred in the most seductive voice I think I've ever heard, innocently twirling a loose strand of her silky black hair between her fingers.

One look in her eyes and I knew without a shadow of a doubt there wasn't a damn thing innocent about this girl.

Fuck I wanted her, more then anything I've ever wanted before in my life.

Within seconds she had closed the gap between us, her eyes never leaving mine.

Without warning she leaned in, her soft full lips grazing my neck ever so slightly, the feeling of her warm breath on my skin sent sparks shooting through my whole body.

'Clothes are on the bed' she breathed softly into my ear as she placed a delicate kiss on the sensitive spot on my jaw before she let out a giggle and left the room.

Fuck I wanted her bad.

I quickly returned to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face and took a few deep breaths, again trying to get rid of the raging hard on I had.

After a good five minutes I made my way back into her bedroom and found a pile of clothes folded neatly on the bed.

I threw on the pair of obviously male shorts and T-shirt she had left for me, having to go commando since I'd left my boxers in a damp food pile in the bathroom before rejoining her in the lounge, trying to keep my mind from wondering exactly who's clothes I was wearing.

'They fit?' She asked.

'Yeah... thanks' I replied taking the seat next to her on the couch.

'Feel free to watch whatever you like, I'll just quickly throw your dirty clothes in the wash' she said with a smile.

'Don't be silly, just point me in the right direction and I can take care of it' I responded.

Before I could get back out of my seat her soft hands pushed me back down.

'Don't be silly. My house my rules' she said firmly 'plus we both saw what happened when you tried to do the dishes' she teased over her shoulder as she disappeared down the hall.

Fuck this girl was something else.

I picked up the remote and then sprawled my body out on the couch making myself comfortable as I waited patiently for her to return.

It didn't take long before Catherine returned, she looked down at my relaxed form on the couch before she sat down in one of the single chairs off to the side.

'I don't bite' I said with a grin.

She didn't reply, instead she eyed me cautiously. It looked like there was a serious internal battle playing out in her mind.

Remembering how hot and cold she could be I decided not to push it. As much as I wished she would curl up on the couch beside me, I decided that just being in her presence was the way better option then getting kicked out of her house completely.

I returned my attention back to the tv, getting lost in the action of an old grand final replay I'd found. We'd been watching the game in silence for the last twenty minutes, I was so focused on taking in the detail of every play, thinking about how I could tweak it and try it out for myself on the field that I almost didn't notice when Catherine quietly moved and took a seat at the end of the couch I was laying on.

I didn't dare move or say a word, I didn't want to scare her off.

Although two teenagers hanging out together was as common an occurrence as the sun rising each morning, I got the sense that her moving closer to me was a big deal for her.

A smile formed on my lips and when I felt a soft hand resting on my leg I couldn't help but smile as I returned my attention back to the TV.