Chapter 20

* Jesse *

She was quick I'll give her that.

I didn't even have time to react as the thwack of her palm striking my cheek was the only sound to be heard in the otherwise silent room.

Me and my stupid big mouth.

It always got me into trouble, my big mouth coupled with my anger issues and my own stupid pride that is.

This time though I really fucked up.

The look of absolute betrayal in Catherine's eyes as I mouthed off and knowing I was the one who caused her pain hurt. It hurt worse then anything I've felt since dad died.

'Catherine...' I called after her desperately, but it was too late. She had already disappeared down the hall and l was left standing here all alone, feeling like the biggest piece of shit on earth.

Leaving the nurses office I ignored the stares and whispers as I grudgingly made my way to my next class, my mind was working tirelessly trying to come up with an idea of how I could make up for how I acted and what I'd said to Catherine.

She didn't deserve how I just treated her, after all she was just looking out for me.

Maybe that's what caused me to lash out? Maybe it's because I'm so used to pushing people away that when somebody tries to help me I react in the only way I know how, with anger.

I'd finally made it to class and took a seat in the back praying this class would go quickly. I didn't want to be here, I needed to find her and sort all this shit out.

'Fuucckk' I sighed as I listened to the monotonously boring voice of my biology teacher.

An hour and a half later the school bell finally rang, I'd decided that I would try and find Catherine and apologise and if that wasn't enough then so be it. Telling myself if she didn't want anything to do with me I would be better off alone anyway.

Walking out onto the school oval my eyes scanned the throng of students until I finally caught a glimpse of that familiar shiny black hair.

As I made my way over to her I saw the 'centre of attention' football player from yesterday rush up to her.

By this time I was only a few feet behind the pair, close enough to hear what they were saying.

'Babe!! I've been looking for you everywhere!' The brown haired guy called.

As I watched him pull her into a hug I felt a wave of jealousy wash over me, just the thought of another guy touching her got my blood boiling but actually seeing it only made it worse.

Then I also noticed something which caught my attention. The moment the brown haired guy touched Catherine she instantly flinched, I could tell she was trying to hide it but her reaction was obvious to me.

'Hey baby you ok?' He asked, running a hand down her cheek.

Studying her body language I could tell she was uncomfortable, but the dude either didn't seem to get the message or he just didn't care.

'I'm fine' she mumbled as she took a slight step away from him, but he just closed the distance between them again and draped an arm around her shoulder.

Again I caught her flinching.

I was getting madder by the second.

Wait? Was he the guy that caused her terrifying dreams? Was he the one that hurt her?

With that thought I saw red.

I couldn't restrain myself any longer as I marched towards the two of them.

'Lets go' I growled taking Catherine by the hand. I had fully expected her to put up a fight but surprisingly she didn't, she just clutched onto my hand and nodded.

'Ahhh dude, what the hell? Can't you see I'm talking to my girl here?' The brown haired guy snapped.

'She's not your girl' I replied, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible as I continued to walk away with Catherine in tow.

I could hear him continue to shout behind us but I just kept on walking until we ended up behind one of the school sheds.

Now that we were finally alone and away from prying eyes I felt myself relax slightly, but that didn't last long.

'What the hell was that all about?' Catherine fumed at me as she finally pulled her hand from mine.

'You're welcome' I scoffed.

'For what huh? For being the biggest jerkoff in the world this morning? For lying to my face last night? Or for embarrassing me in front of my friends just now?' She asked heatedly, poking me in the chest with her finger to really get the point across.

God damn she was worked up, her eyes were wild and her cheeks flushed as she continued to cuss me out.

All the while I couldn't help but think about about how much I wanted this girl.

At that moment I decided to take a chance, it would either end extremely well or everything would go to shit

'You know what Jesse, you're a...' before she could finish her sentence I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her body close to my chest.

I wanted her.

Badly.

I searched her face looking for any hint of permission to do what I was about to do, she gave a small almost imperceptible nod and that was enough as I crashed my lips into hers.

I thought she would push me away, I was waiting for her to push me away, instead she kissed me back.

Fiercely.

My hands moved slowly down her back until they settled on her perfect ass and as I gave it a firm squeeze she let out a soft moan.

With that I felt her tongue run across my bottom lip seeking permission to enter my mouth. I quickly obliged and as I parted my lips our tongues met, fighting for dominance as her hands wrapped around my neck.

This kiss was like nothing I'd ever experienced before, it was passionate and needy and intense.

And I didn't want it to end.

In that moment I knew I could kiss this girl for hours.

After a few minutes we both pulled away desperate for air, her delicious lips were swollen and red and I felt the need to feel them all over my naked body.

'Fuck' I growled.

She leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

'Fuck you Jesse' she whispered before she turned and walk away.

____________________________________

A/N

Hey lovelies!

How are you liking the story so far?

Would love to hear what you all think!!!

Feel free to like or comment.

XX

_________________________________