Chapter 95: Dawnbreaker

Chapter by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~~~~~
Any minute, the pup's eyes were locked on the figures on the other side of the window. What would be the right move? To tuck her head tight on the doggy bed? No, there were several flaws to that, being in the resistance had taught the Pomeranian a lot. She knew more than regular dogs and she was proud of there.

Therefore, Cloud lifted her head and jumped out of bed, growling and barking in alert as an attempt to wake up her owner. This was bad, she couldn't allow these shady individuals getting anywhere near Harumi nor the team itself. They would be harmed and Cloud would pay for it, seeing as she was the silenced witness.

Now, hearing a fit of growls and barks through the night certainly didn't leave Harumi drifting off to sleep any longer.
She woke up, rubbed her eyes and worriedly glanced at her puppy, wondering what could possibly be the cause to such an alert. "What's the matter, Cloud? What's wrong?" She cooed.

The puppy didn't stop, only keeping her ears upright and tail in a perfectly straight line to show her uneasy nature in the presence of those stalkers, disgraceful creatures watching them sleep. It caught Harumi's attention as well and she instantly recognized the creatures lurking outside. She pulled one of her spare daggers, hung on the wall of her room.

"Oni." She mumbled, holding one dagger and quickly making over to her bedroom's window where she mercilessly opened it and shoved the hilt of the dagger onto the dark creatures' noses. Using her raw strength, she knew that it would have been a power struggle. But, Harumi surprised herself noticing the onis falling off the bounty. She huffed.

No, she cannot let her guard down at a mere attack, it may have been a coincidence that she

"I've gotten stronger, I think.." Cursing under her breath due to the temporary scare of being ambushed, she retreated back to her bed after making sure that she closed the windows tightly. Sighing and taking a second to just calm down from the potential high of striking of an enemy away, she glanced at her ceiling.
"No, I don't think we should go back to sleep. Knowing them, they've probably got some backup."

She told the puppy as she noticed that the dog was making her way back to her bed to take a nap. But upon hearing her master's command, Cloud nodded and stayed on high alert. So, they waited for a couple of minutes, Harumi grabbed the rest of her set of daggers, a good fifteen stack before returning back to the window.

She saw she was right, the onis by her window were simply an decoy. They weren't meant to be taken seriously. If they were taken out, they'd be the signal to bring in more troops. "Here they come Cloud!" Harumi called at the dog before stepping a foot down at the frame of the now reopened window and swung the two daggers in her hands back.

Three onis ran up from the side of the bounty and immediately leaped out at her where Harumi initially ducked for cover and allowed one of the monsters inside. For the two onis, she got back up and used the dagger's blade to slash at her enemies' chest without much effort, sending them back down to Ninjago city.
She huffed and narrowed as more onis came in.

"Cloud! Take care of that guy, I'll handle the rest!" She gave a simple order to the puppy before bringing her second foot down onto the frame, awaiting her enemies' arrival. Nodding at her owner's order, Cloud barked and ran around the room, trying to earn the oni's attention before finding something quite valuable to them. She noticed a cape hanging loosely on their back, Cloud smiled.

Without much of a warning, the Pomeranian lunged out at the oni and bit into their cape, pulling it off of the creature and earned a light squirm from them. The oni ended up ripping apart their cape much to their anger. However, trying to get back to Cloud for doing that to their cape, the puppy stretched it out with the it fangs and the oni ended up tripping over the fabric.