Chapter 46: Break away

Chapter by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~~~~
Loud munching was heard inside of a small room in the bounty. The lightening ninja was plopped on the couch, a bag of chips in his hands as he ruthlessly munched on the contents inside of the bag. Rather like a slob now that you thought about it. That is, the water ninja walked inside only to be met with the sight of four ninjas hogging up unhealthy snacks all around a small TV. Now this wasn't alright. "Um, what do you guys think you're doing?" She questioned, her mood souring rather quickly. Jay bit into a potato flake he was holding before responding to the raven haired girl's question with an amused expression. "Why, eating chips of course. Are we not allowed?" He shot back at her. Nya sat down beside the earth ninja.

"It's supposedly the end of the world, let's say, and you're here eating chips and getting fat?" She scoffed, her eyes even daring to fix themselves on Kai and Zane who were both holding game controllers in their hands. Kai held her in an eye contact, he slowly gave a nervous smile. The situation didn't need explaining, it was pretty self-explanatory. They were eating snacks and basically intend on slacking off for the day. Kai chuckled when he heard his sister's complaint. "Aww fat? That's too mean, sis." Ofcourse, he was well aware that everyone knew he was joking. The only one who wasn't joking at the moment was Nya. She glared at both the red and white ninja. She raised a finger to point at the brunette. "And you, I thought you wanted to find Lloyd." She retorted at his seemingly chill mood.

The fire ninja couldn't find a rebuttal to that. He very so had to agree with what she said. "Yes I do, but if we keep searching relentlessly, we'd be even more discouraged. So come on, why don't you take a break with us?" Her brother offered with welcoming hands. Nya shifted at his offer, she looked at him then at Jay then back at him. In fact, she glared at all of the ninjas. They were all so relaxed in this peril of time. She exhaled and crossed her arms. "Absolutely not. This is not a break." She denied. What surprised her the most was Zane seemed to have agreed with their methods of a break. Yet, he was the smartest one among them. He was a nindroid. She did have to ask him about it. She glanced over at Zane who had just finished connecting the last controller to the TV. It only disgusted the water ninja even more. "I thought you'd be against these kind of ideas, Zane."

The TV screen flashed a few times before the main sequence of the video game they always use to play popped up on screen. "Alright!" chimed Jay as he grabbed one of the controllers from the table. Cole and Kai did as well. Zane handed one over to Nya. "I was against it at first but after putting much thought into it. We really do need a break, Nya. Think about it." He still kept his hand out to her. The water ninja thought about it for a second. Right, if they just kept working, they'd loose motivation and just get tired of searching, they needed a break somewhat. The ninjas were right. She had to let loose a little, just breathe. Maybe if she just had a little break over Ninjago's madness, everything will be alright. She grabbed the controller and smiled a little. Kai was smiling back, as well as the other ninjas in whom she calls her family. "You boys better be careful. Bring it!" She pressed the 'START' button on her controller.
The boys laughed as they did the same. "Go ninja go!"
~~~~~~~~
It had been an hour and how many matches were played between them? The bags of chips were empty and all that were present in the room were five lazy ninja not bothering to clean up their messes. So far on the leaderboard were: Zane in first place, Nya in second place and Jay in third place. Despite it being only an hour, the ninjas were having a fun time. If Nya had to admit, she did enjoy this 'break' of theirs. This event taught her an important event though. It's that, you can't always be too arrogant in life. It would only lead you to missing times like these. "Aw come on! I almost had you last match!" Jay whined, setting his controller aside for a minute. Cole laughed. "How's about it? Let's do one more game?" He asked everyone. The five ninja all looked at eachother before laughing. "Oh you bet!" claimed Kai.