Bonus chapter: Lunacy

A vivid memory.

It was the weekend, Ninjago city was brimming and a boy glanced down at the sandbox, disappointed.

He was staring at a ruined sandcastle, no emotion in his eyes but the dissatisfaction was definitely there. He gulped and clenched his fists, allowing the book that he was holding on to fall into the sand.

He didn't say a word, just continuously stared at his ruined masterpiece.

He didn't acknowledge the footsteps of two individuals coming from behind him, they came from the playset in this park.

"Umm, hello there! Do you need help?" A girl with cyan hairlocks knelt over. Curious, she remained behind the boy as her friend had done the same.

The boy turns, the first spark of something akin to frustration showing on his face. He rolls his eyes at the newcomers.

"Who in FSM are you?" He asks bluntly.

The girl chuckled at the response he gave, extending her hand forward for the boy to take. "I'm Ava Zeveda, I live around the block and this here is my friend, Matias Helix."

She introduced not only herself but as well as the blonde-haired boy beside her.

The disappointed boy took the girl's hand in his — and shook it lightly before pulling his own away.

Matias nodded at the interaction and turned his eyes over to the boy, who had yet to introduce himself.

"Hello, nice to meet you. Who are you?" He inquired, being as polite as his mother had taught him when he was much younger than this current age.

Turning his head to look at the fallen book in the sand, he blinked. Then, with a little smile, the boy says:

"I'm Zephyr, Zephyr Gwydion." He introduces himself at long last. It was amazing as how quickly as a falling leaf had he charmed the two with that smile of his. It was,, alluring, almost.

Ava points out something that many have pointed out before in the past: "I like your green eyes, Zephyr. They suit you." She says, exchanging a smile to him as well.

This time, his had completely fades.

The two have not noticed since he broke out in speech right off the bat.

"Thanks. I was supposed to dye a streak of my hair with my uncle today but he couldn't make it. That's why I'm here, playing alone." He explains, kneeling down in the sandbox to grab the fallen book right back up.

The two children shifted their heads over to the ruined sandcastle, Zephyr paid no mind to the confused expressions on their innocent faces.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." Ava whispers quietly, quickly refusing to continue staring at the build.

Now, there was something unusual with this boy.

His emotionless expression contorted into a twisted smile, the boy laughed and procrastinates no longer to pick his book back up from the sand.

He pointed an accusing finger over to the two other children.

"Hahaha, don't worry about it! I'm happy that I got some time off, I'll just dye it next time! Now I have more time to work and make him proud!"

Zephyr was laughing. Ava and Matias weren't. In fact, they were confused at how he can gleam to be so cheerful.

They brushed it away, big mistake.

"Oh....okay! What are you working on?" Ava shows a slight bit of hesitation when speaking again. But she finds herself asking him another question, her curiosity dipped deeper into the brew.