Chapter 83: Surrounded Confusion

Chapter by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~~~~
Bewilderment, such an absurd emotion. Yet that and a clear tint of shock was spread all over the white haired girl's face.
She stood there, panting as wild thoughts raced in her mind. First of all, what was that he wanted? Friends? He wanted to be friends with her? He practically went out of his way to kidnap her, she didn't know whether the resistance was aware that she was stolen through the night...that was insane!

"Hold on a second, did I hear that right?" She growled, staring right at her kidnapper. It was the same boy, the same figure who asked her days ago if they could be friends. It was him. She could not believe any of this, then again, they were in fact in Ninjago city, anything happens here. It was a boy, in whom she couldn't care less about appearances. Unless they looked rather menacing, Harumi knew she had to be weary in those cases.

However, his request for her friendship a second time truly caught her off guard from the first time, thus she didn't know what to think of this situation. "You really are insane." She blatantly revealed to her kidnapper. Who wouldn't? Well perhaps Harumi was raised to keep quiet and be more "lady-like" though she had learned with the help of her family that speaking out your opinions might just save you one day.

The kidnapper rubbed the back of his head, looking down for mere moments in what seemed to be guilt? Did he suddenly feel bad or asking such an absurd request from the Jade princess? Or did he finally acknowledge how dangerous she was when she was mad? "I know what you're thinking, it's strange on my part that I've done all of this just to ask you to be friends. But hear me out, really," he tried.

Harumi's instant reaction was to seem menacing, to make her seem like she was the one with the power in this situation. "Can't I at least know your name?" She inquired, her tone reducing aggression for this instance. The kidnapper looked slightly perplexed at the question before nodding, he figured that it was best if they knew each other's names first. The kidnapper slowly shifted in her direction,

"It's Collin, you must be Harumi?" He answered, earning wide eyes from the white haired girl. She bit her lips, gulping unwillingly as she had realized that he could potentially be a stalker. Was he?
How did he know her name, second of all, she didn't know him at all. She didn't remember him being a visitor of the palace nor would think she had met him elsewhere for him to know her name?
"Collin, how did you know?" The words fell off her tongue.

Collin chuckled and approached her, in which Harumi gladly took a step back.
"You see, you were quite popular at one point. With being associated with Lord Garmadon and leader of the SOG. I've read about you once." He told her. Now her crimes were her absolute downfall, Harumi shivered, stepping even more back from Collin as she didn't want to allow herself to give in and show weakness.

She regretted her actions and the whole resurrection plan whom she calls her masterpiece for years. Her time in the resistance—her time with Lloyd meant to her so much. Therefore, with wide eyes, Harumi looked up at Collin, she didn't want to be reminded of her past. The resistance managed to wash it all away, she had a new home with her family and former generals. "I've changed...therefore
if your impression of me is from my crimes-" her scowl was interrupted by the boy shaking his head.

"No no, of course not, I said I wanted to be your friend, now didn't I?" He begged.
No, she was not having it. She was kidnapped, in the plain middle of the night by a creep, whom she figured out from now, only wanted stole her away just to ask her the same question for the second time: "Harumi, please let's be friends." Collin asked again.

"Harumi! Harumi where are you?"

Both individuals' eyes widened. The voices were recognizable, they were her friends, her family. The first one to react was Harumi, she lightly gasps and proceeded to rush off to the edge of the rooftop of a building where Collin foolishly brought her to. The building wasn't at all high therefore it sousing hurt a single bit if someone jumped down. "Guys?" She called out, catching the top of their heads. Her friends were really coming.